Items rarity grade
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:12 am 

ciao, i'd like to understand with in the JG subweb there's no info on rarity of items...

this could be helpful to anyone who's starting to collect non TSR items (as just i would)...

or instance, i found this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.it/3-D-D-Judges-Guild-S ... dZViewItem

i was immediately interested in the deities booklet on sale in this lot but i'm not sure if it is smtg that can be easily found or not... without any indication in the subweb it's difficult to me to understand wheter to take it or not...

tnx and ciao

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:32 am 

aia wrote:ciao, i'd like to understand with in the JG subweb there's no info on rarity of items...
this could be helpful to anyone who's starting to collect non TSR items (as just i would)...

or instance, i found this auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

i was immediately interested in the deities booklet on sale in this lot but i'm not sure if it is smtg that can be easily found or not... without any indication in the subweb it's difficult to me to understand wheter to take it or not...

tnx and ciao

i am working on that as we speak. its a long drawn-out task as i have other things going on in my life (work and training) which take up most of my time.

realistically though, it doesnt take a genius to work out whats rare and what isnt.

just as a guide, the old instalment items are prb the rarest (assuming complete), dark tower (semi-rare to uncommon depending on print), inferno (semi-rare to uncommon), CSIO complete always worth getting, tarantis (uncommon), FWB 2nd is prb the rarest item i have seen for a while - i have just sold this to shane and its the only one i have seen, wilderlands of the fantastic reaches complete is rare, high fantasy 1st is rare, magic realms 1st rare, later prints are semi-rare to uncommon.

there are other items that are rare such as character codex (very), tac cards (very), all catalogs (rare), judges shield (semi-rare), FFC (semi-rare).

i have prb missed a few things there and the above can quite possibly change depending on prints, but i think i am there and about. most other items are prb uncommon at best, many are common and very common. the compilation packs are all quite common, except for the journal pack (very rare) and the fantasy aide (very rare).

the odd thing will crop up now and again that get all the JG guys drooling. you will spot these a mile away cos everyone off here homes in on them, but thats where it will cost you plenty of $ to get them, such as the gencon IX dungeon tourney that shane got a while back.

hope this helps for now, until i can make a little more sense of things when i have more time.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:31 am 

i'd suggest to make an addition to the info you give for each JG item: why don't you set a listing by scope of item? i mean that someone (just like me) could be interested in d&d approved only... someone else in ad&d approved stuff... and so on...

don't you think it could be useful?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:42 am 

aia wrote:i'd suggest to make an addition to the info you give for each JG item: why don't you set a listing by scope of item? i mean that someone (just like me) could be interested in d&d approved only... someone else in ad&d approved stuff... and so on...

no.

:)

thats what shane did the subweb for. it can be merged in with that. other additional info can be extracted from there. he's put in so much hard work sorting this part of the site out - i am not wasting my time doing things that he has already done there. this takes way too long as it is.

Al

ps. most ppl who are looking for specific JG items know very well what they are anyway.

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:47 am 

aia wrote:i'd suggest to make an addition to the info you give for each JG item: why don't you set a listing by scope of item? i mean that someone (just like me) could be interested in d&d approved only... someone else in ad&d approved stuff... and so on...

Aia, they are listed that way. Go here:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/IndexbySystem.html

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:51 am 

zhowar wrote:
Aia, they are listed that way. Go here:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/IndexbySystem.html

tnx! perfect! that's what i was looking for (more or less...  :P )

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:33 am 

aia wrote:
tnx! perfect! that's what i was looking for (more or less...  :P )

:roll:

Are we nearly there yet?