Monster & Treasure Assortment
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:05 am 

I think there may be a another version of MTA that isn't mentioned on this site; a colored version with the changes made to the later edition. Please look at the thread in Classic D&D at Dragonsfoot. I'd post a link if I knew how on this phone.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:16 am 

I found these images.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:21 am 

LEVEL NINE
1. Helm of Brilliance====Helm of change Alignment
7. Helm of Chaos; +2 Shield; Scroll of 1 Spell; 2 Oil of Slipperiness; Crystal Ball with Clairaudience====Shield +2; Scroll of 1 Spell; 2 Oil of Slipperiness; Crystal Ball
19. Wand of Magic Detection; +2 War Hammer; Scroll of 1 Cleric Spell; 2 Potions of Storm Giant Control; Elven Boots====Wand of Magic Detection; War Hammer +2; Scroll of 1 Cleric Spell; Elven Boots
21. Libram of Gainful Conjuration; 2 Scrolls of 1 Spell Each - Curse, Power Word Stun; Potion of ESP====2 Scrolls of 1 Spell Each: Curse, Power Word Stun; Potion of ESP
40. +2 Sword, C/G 10 Int. 6 Ego; 2 Scrolls of Protection - Elementals Magic; 2 Potions of Flying; Horn of Bubbles====Sword +2, Chaotic, N.S.A.; 2 Scrolls of Protection: from Elementals, Magic; 2 Potions of Flying
43. +1 Sword, L/G, N.S.A.; 2 Scrolls of 1 Spell each; 2 Potions of Human Control; +1 Cloak of Protection====Sword +1, N.S.A.; 2 Scrolls of 1 Spell each; Silver Horn of Valhalla; Cloak of Protection +1
56. +3 Armor; +1 Dagger; Scroll of Protection from Magic; 2 Potions of Heroism; Eyes of Charming====Plate Armor +1; dagger +1; Scroll of Protection from Magic; Eyes of Charming
63. +2 Dagger; Scroll of Protection from Elementals; Scroll of 7 Spells; 2 Potions of Invisibility; Scarab of Protection from Evil High Priests====Dagger +2; Scroll of Protection from Elementals; Scroll of 7 Spells; 2 Potions of Invisibility
74. Mace of Disruption====Mace +2
78. +1 Sword, C/E, 8 Int., 5 Ego; +1/+3 vs. Trolls Sword, Neut. 9 Int., 11 Ego; Scroll of Protection from Undead; Potion of Animal Control; Gauntlets of Swimming and Climbing====Sword +1, N.S.A.; Plate Mail Armor & Shield +1; Scroll of Protection from Undead
91. +1 Axe; Shield of Missile Attraction -1; Scroll of 3 Cleric Spells; 2 Speed Potions; Pipes of the Sewers====Axe +1; Sheild of Missile Attraction -1; Scroll of 3 Cleric Spells; Pipes of the Sewers
96. +2 Armor; Ring of Protection +2, 5'r; Scroll of 2 Cleric Spells; 2 Potions of Clairaudience; Boots of Levitation; Tome of Understanding====Chainmail Armor +2; Ring of Protection +2; Scroll of 2 Cleric Spells; 2 Potions of Clairaudience; Boots of Levitation

A great mystery. Is there a colored version with the changes? It seems so. When did it come out?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:24 pm 

James the Just wrote in Monster & Treasure Assortment:LEVEL NINE
1. Helm of Brilliance====Helm of change Alignment
7. Helm of Chaos; +2 Shield; Scroll of 1 Spell; 2 Oil of Slipperiness; Crystal Ball with Clairaudience====Shield +2; Scroll of 1 Spell; 2 Oil of Slipperiness; Crystal Ball
19. Wand of Magic Detection; +2 War Hammer; Scroll of 1 Cleric Spell; 2 Potions of Storm Giant Control; Elven Boots====Wand of Magic Detection; War Hammer +2; Scroll of 1 Cleric Spell; Elven Boots
21. Libram of Gainful Conjuration; 2 Scrolls of 1 Spell Each - Curse, Power Word Stun; Potion of ESP====2 Scrolls of 1 Spell Each: Curse, Power Word Stun; Potion of ESP
40. +2 Sword, C/G 10 Int. 6 Ego; 2 Scrolls of Protection - Elementals Magic; 2 Potions of Flying; Horn of Bubbles====Sword +2, Chaotic, N.S.A.; 2 Scrolls of Protection: from Elementals, Magic; 2 Potions of Flying
43. +1 Sword, L/G, N.S.A.; 2 Scrolls of 1 Spell each; 2 Potions of Human Control; +1 Cloak of Protection====Sword +1, N.S.A.; 2 Scrolls of 1 Spell each; Silver Horn of Valhalla; Cloak of Protection +1
56. +3 Armor; +1 Dagger; Scroll of Protection from Magic; 2 Potions of Heroism; Eyes of Charming====Plate Armor +1; dagger +1; Scroll of Protection from Magic; Eyes of Charming
63. +2 Dagger; Scroll of Protection from Elementals; Scroll of 7 Spells; 2 Potions of Invisibility; Scarab of Protection from Evil High Priests====Dagger +2; Scroll of Protection from Elementals; Scroll of 7 Spells; 2 Potions of Invisibility
74. Mace of Disruption====Mace +2
78. +1 Sword, C/E, 8 Int., 5 Ego; +1/+3 vs. Trolls Sword, Neut. 9 Int., 11 Ego; Scroll of Protection from Undead; Potion of Animal Control; Gauntlets of Swimming and Climbing====Sword +1, N.S.A.; Plate Mail Armor & Shield +1; Scroll of Protection from Undead
91. +1 Axe; Shield of Missile Attraction -1; Scroll of 3 Cleric Spells; 2 Speed Potions; Pipes of the Sewers====Axe +1; Sheild of Missile Attraction -1; Scroll of 3 Cleric Spells; Pipes of the Sewers
96. +2 Armor; Ring of Protection +2, 5'r; Scroll of 2 Cleric Spells; 2 Potions of Clairaudience; Boots of Levitation; Tome of Understanding====Chainmail Armor +2; Ring of Protection +2; Scroll of 2 Cleric Spells; 2 Potions of Clairaudience; Boots of Levitation

A great mystery. Is there a colored version with the changes? It seems so. When did it come out?

I'm not quite following you here. Are you comparing the individual M&T set (9015)  to the combined set (9047)?

Mike

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:34 pm 

I'm thinking that there are two kinds of the individual sets. The older blue ones, for instance, have the original monsters and treasures. The third image shows that. Then there are the later blue ones that have the monsters and treasures that you find in the combined set (see second image).

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:53 pm 

T. Foster just informed me the second image is a fake. Sorry. I didn't know. Man, what people will do.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:56 pm 

There are 4 different printings of the 3rd set of M&T.
I’ll check this weekend to see if one of them matches the combined set.
Not every difference is noted on the printings page.

M&T Assortment

Mike

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:25 pm 

chromaticknight wrote in Monster & Treasure Assortment:There are 4 different printings of the 3rd set of M&T.
I’ll check this weekend to see if one of them matches the combined set.
Not every difference is noted on the printings page.

M&T Assortment

Mike

Don't bother.  It's definitely...

Fake.

Real.

Fake apparently based upon.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:02 am 

James the Just wrote in Monster & Treasure Assortment:
Don't bother.  It's definitely...

Fake.