Nightwatch in the Living City // Curse of the Azure Bonds
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:34 pm 

Is there any reason these items are on the rarity 3 lists - but a lot of other (more expensive now) modules/things are not on either list?

I LOVE the automated auction scraper but get a bit sad when i see the 19th copy of Nightwatch now listed. (also OCD type behaviour mandates that all links have been clicked...)

Probably I need some kind of ebay software to scratch my itch instead of bothering you Foul....

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:58 pm 

There have been discussions on the rarity value for some items and whether they need to be adjusted.  It might not be apparent, but the rarity value is adjusted for some items over time.  If you look at the following page, this is indicated by the red and green colors under the rarity column:

Rulebooks Index

It's important to remember that just because something is rarer than something else, doesn't mean that it's more desirable and therefore more expensive.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:04 am 

Thank you, its a good point and of course market price != rarity necessarily.

So is suppose my more general point would be that the distribution of numbers (5 vs 4 vs 3) seems skewed massively to the top end (lots of 4s & 5s) and not many 3s.

The fact you see these items a lot in the 3's category seems to be just because there are not many 3's at all.