Fiend Folio 1981, but printed upside down?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:41 am 

Hi folks,

New member, first post.

I have been an RPG collector since age 12, 33 years ago, and have a query about one of the items i own.

Its a copy of the Fiend Folio, printed 1981, by TSR, from the UK. The ISBN is 0-935696-21-0. In very good condition

The one oddity is it seems that the contents are printed upside down from the cover.

Was wondering if anyone else had come across one like this, and if anyone had an idea on the current value?

Thanks in advance.

Phil (Manchester, UK)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 pm 

We were talking about a similar issue a little while ago. Have you read this post yet?

G2 Staple Free  Production Error?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:37 am 

Hi Phil,  i miss such an error made in the printing procces of FF.  Those that everybody remeber are the errors which made extremely rare a print run (OB3, DMG 2print, ect).
The anomaly in your book is not relevant as it did make that specific printing low in numbers and hence htf.

If you really want to understand its value,  list it at 1 buck on ebay and clearly state the anomaly... You will likely reach a price close to its current valuation.

Hope it helps
Best

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:42 pm 

PhilUK wrote in Fiend Folio 1981, but printed upside down?:Hi folks,

New member, first post.

I have been an RPG collector since age 12, 33 years ago, and have a query about one of the items i own.

Its a copy of the Fiend Folio, printed 1981, by TSR, from the UK. The ISBN is 0-935696-21-0. In very good condition

The one oddity is it seems that the contents are printed upside down from the cover.

Was wondering if anyone else had come across one like this, and if anyone had an idea on the current value?

Thanks in advance.

Phil (Manchester, UK)

It would match my upside down "The Desert of Desolation"!  :D