T&T and T&T Supplement
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:26 pm 

In trying to complete an inventory (?!!!) I found Tunnels & Trolls, apparently 1st edition 2nd printing (1975); says 'second edition' on cover, with most mentions of D&D removed from page 4 (replaced by handwritten X) with a jab at TSR added; no mention of printing)

and

Tunnels & Trolls Supplement: Sept. 1975, 9 pages, plus an additional 4 pages dated April 1976, with 'Beyond the Tunnels (or) what to do with a 10th level Wizard', and 'Monologue on Magic'

The second item seems rarer than the first.

Of note, each is stapled together (2@, from the outside); no holes or marks indicating any other binding, tho pix I've seen show many of these oldies in some sort of ring binder.

Any ideas on values? Both are in great shape, some age fx.

F

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 am 

the rulebook is the 2nd ed, 3rd printing (that's the one with the x's instead of D&D in the acknowledgements. the supplement you have is the 2nd printing. the first printing of the supplement has an orange cover and is 9 pages long. i bought a very fine 2nd ed, 3rd print last year for $192. it was a slight upgrade on the one i had. lokiwookie probably made me pay that much. the supplements i've had for a good while and i have yet to unearth my purchase prices.

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 am 

thx :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:03 am 

Bill, are you sure about printing? This 2nd ed is stated as "Third printing" on the first page but actually, it seems that all 2nd and 3rd ed have the same "Third printing" stated on the first page.
My 2E "Third printing" has X instead of D&D.
My 1st 3E "Third printing" has D&D and no X.
My 2nd 3E "Third printing" has X instead of D&D.
No other difference between the two 3E "Third printing".

I remember a discussion with David/faro about that but I can remember our conclusion. A clear difference could be the ink color on cover though (black, brown, or blue).

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:06 pm 

yes, we have hashed this out before Geraud, about two years ago i think.

Shrink is not a condition