SPI AND TSR FOR SALE. NEED INFO!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:21 am 

Hello everyone,

These are all of the board games and magazines that I have inherited from my father it's possible can anybody tell me more about them what they might be worth and if they're worth selling. I know many of these are Originals with the original box cover Etc I know that makes it more valuable. I also have magazines Aries Barbarian kings and other ones and I honestly don't know anything.

I also have snipers, air warfare, tanks ww2, one more that I forgot to add.

Last edited by Silentshot232 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:28 am 

If possible the one I'm most interested in getting reviewed is my tactics tanking anti-tank war games with Miniatures box set. I know it's the first printing ect. I just have no clue what it could be worth. . I'll be stretching photos as well. Also I know war of the west my father told me he bought that from the guy who created it at a gaming convention and that it was one of his first games he ever made not sure if it's try. Also the swords and sorcery Quest and Conquest in the age of magic.  As well as Lankhmar seem to be unique and I can't find the exact match online.. any help greatly appreciated. Will post photos now and list names.

Also HUNDREDS OF MAGAZINES. SPiderman superman superboy, MAD, Ect!!!

First photos

Tactics box set tanking anti-tank war games with miniatures

swords and sorcery quest and Conquest the age of magic

Lankhmar. Fritz liver and Harry Fisher. Having big trouble finding exact matches and value of all 3. Especially tank

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Silentshot232 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 am 

After the Holocaust a future simulation game
Task force table tactics and operations in the 1980s
Commando the combat adventure game
Richthofens War the air war 1916 1918
The Soviet brake through at fulda fifth corps central front series volume1.
MechWarrior 2 standard rules for the game red star / white star Suez to Golan
Wacht am then the battle of bulge 16 sec 44-2 man 45

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:46 am 

World War 3 1976 1984
War in the west World War II in Western Europe 1938 1945
Frigate sea war in the age of sail
Firefight modern US and Soviet small unit tactics
Island of War 4 Pacific battles
Middle earth based on JRR tolkien's the ring trilogy War of the Ring Sr 1418 to 1419
Strategy and tactics magazine
CSR Hobby board blank 2 set.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 pm 

Are you the guy who was on here a month or so ago and had sold a box set or booklets on ebay and then reneged on the sale because you realized or someone offered you more $$$?

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 pm 

I had problems with my ebay account linked to another email the first one got completely deleted eBay sent a message about that. The second one guy never paid

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:34 pm 

Either way they were sold for way
Do you have any knowledge of value for my items by chance

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:59 pm 

Many of the items you have are worth good money, the flat pack games, Middle earth, Ares etc all worth listing if complete.  Middle earth is $100+ range and the Ares mags came with lots of inserts and extra pieces and are worth $15 - $30 depending on the issue number and condition

Your Tratics looks like a 2nd or 3rd print if complete with box (came with heaps of extras) worth around $80 - $120

You need to go through and find out if the if there are any missing pieces, counters, maps etc.  Ebay sold items is your best bet but remember when it comes to value, only complete items in good condition will give you top dollar.  

Best bet is to itemize each game and its pieces, take plenty of pictures and send them to Ebay for auction!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 pm 

Hey thanks! Yes despite their looks they all are intact. Is there a way to identify the versions of the mini tank? What about the barbarian and the magic board game?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 pm 

webrik33 wrote in SPI AND TSR FOR SALE. NEED INFO!:Are you the guy who was on here a month or so ago and had sold a box set or booklets on ebay and then reneged on the sale because you realized or someone offered you more $$$?

Also no I sold them over 14 months ago lol didnt read your reply all the way

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 am 

Blackmoor wrote in SPI AND TSR FOR SALE. NEED INFO!:Many of the items you have are worth good money, the flat pack games, Middle earth, Ares etc all worth listing if complete.  Middle earth is $100+ range and the Ares mags came with lots of inserts and extra pieces and are worth $15 - $30 depending on the issue number and condition

Your Tratics looks like a 2nd or 3rd print if complete with box (came with heaps of extras) worth around $80 - $120

You need to go through and find out if the if there are any missing pieces, counters, maps etc.  Ebay sold items is your best bet but remember when it comes to value, only complete items in good condition will give you top dollar.  

Jesus that's a lot of work I think I'm going to sell them all on ebay in 2 different sales . Lol get soon

Best bet is to itemize each game and its pieces, take plenty of pictures and send them to Ebay for auction!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 am 

IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY SOMETHING GIVE ME AN OFFER AND I WILL  POST ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 am 

You have this backwards Mr. SS. If you post things for sale on ebay, then people may bid. Because that way they have ebay & paypal protections.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 am 

No matter his skill, no matter his level, a thief will never be able to pick the CAPS LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains

Publisher of AFS Magazine, 'Pulp literature meets old school gaming'  Halls of Tizun Thane

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:11 am 

Silentshot232 wrote in SPI AND TSR FOR SALE. NEED INFO!:IF ANYONE WANTS TO BUY SOMETHING GIVE ME AN OFFER AND I WILL  POST ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilentShot, I would strongly recommend that you go here first: How To Use
This page explains the valuation pages for a litany of TSR products that are indexed on several pages. Please familiarize yourself with the Grading Conventions here: Grading

All of the information you need to determine a rough idea of what each individual item is worth can be found on this site. If you feel that it would be too much work, then I would suggest you tell the forum members here where you live and if there is someone who lives in your vicinity, they might be willing to come over and give your father's collection an approximate appraisal and guide you on the best course of action to sell the collection. There have been multiple instances here in which someone has sold the entire lot to an individual who will then make the effort to re-sell each item. You have may options available to you.

Good Luck - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]