Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 71 of 93123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 919293
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:03 pm 

I believe that CA0.1 The Black Stone was an add-on.

The Center Stage Miniatures Set, Crimson Sisterhood of Malice stretch goal was never fulfilled, as Center Stage declared bankruptcy.

The answer as to whether anyone got a complete set is technically "no", per the original Kickstarter goals, but some of the contributors were able to get close, but it wasn't easy.

More importantly, has anyone read through the contents to see if is usable?  I haven't seen any reviews.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:55 pm 

I've read it, only liked the book which adds onto some of the TSR modules..the rest is not great.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:23 pm 

Was it written by an author or anyone of established ability? Or is it just rebranded homebrew?
Was it illustrated by anyone in particular or just cobbled together on an office photocopier like the early PSG stuff?

The internet seems to be fairly absent of any of the goings on around the Kickstarter fleecing. Lucky I guess. Was there ever any explanation from Bill or an apology?

Still, with Ben leading the way, PSG seem to be putting out pretty well polished 5e stuff now. Having worked for FGG in the past, Ben has presumably worked with literate professionals as well, and the difference between using professional printers and using your home printer and Kinkos.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:36 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
The internet seems to be fairly absent of any of the goings on around the Kickstarter fleecing. Lucky I guess. Was there ever any explanation from Bill or an apology?.

I think Bill got a free pass here, just occasionally saying "it's on me" and "my account was hacked" seems to have done the job of an apology.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:45 pm 

gyg wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:
... and "my account was hacked"

So did the story go along the lines of, 'my account was hacked and someone deleted all my materials artwork correspondence and manuscript, so I have to start again, but because of time constraints and me not being in profit anymore I'm just gonna do a half-assed job this time around.' Or 'my bank account got hacked and they stole all the money so now the money as gone so here's what I can give you for what money I did get out of it.' I don't get how an account getting hacked results in non-delivery of a paid for product, and since the whole Kickstarter Acaeum debacle (how he managed to use the Acaeum brand without pissing everyone off I don't know either), Bill Barsh seems to have gone into hiding (retirement) and not surfaces at all. What's it been? Eight years?

I know that Acaeum is probably not trademarked or anything, and Bill already had form for taking Pacesetter Games and saying flat out that he was just gonna use it cos it would give him kudos and a brand image he wouldn't have to build or pay for, but it seems like the guy just seems to decide to fuck over the whole community and run away to leave his son to take the flack. That's pretty low. I can't even find a thread here on Acaeum from back there where he's engaging with the community or discussing using the Acaeum and seeing what people think and whether the community would back him.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:31 am 

The Halls Of The Dwarven Kings D&D Role Playing Game set 1&2.  | eBay

CDM sets 1&2 in this lot! However: not in mint conditions and not sure about CDM2 contents...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:26 am 

It's worth it at the current $75 just for the chance of getting CDM2.
It also raises an idea that never occurred to me. Maybe Integrated Games originally planned on releasing future releases in book form only so they could be stored in the CDM1 box. And maybe local games stores, con' traffic and customer feedback told them that they preferred separate boxes over nested modules?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:01 pm 

Hey, I realize this is very short notice, but I could use a hand from a UK based member. I just heard back from the seller of those two CDM sets, and he will not sell/ship to US.

So, would one of you from the UK be able to place a bid on this for me, take delivery, and then ship to me in the US.

I'd obviously pay all fees/freight.

just a couple hours to go at this pt

if I get a volunteer I can pm you my Max bid

thanks in advance, and Help!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:01 pm 

half an hour to go....

I guess this is a hail mary at this point, but i am going to constantly lurk here if anyone comes upon this before the auction ends

AAARGH, I am going to be salty about this one for a while.  What a bargain someone got there

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:25 am 

It looks like there is the wrong booklet in it.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:46 pm 

T&T 2e

Seller also has lots of fanzines (mostly Star Trek) at low prices...stock up on 'slash' fanfic of Kirk doin' Spock while you can!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:45 am 

Sorry that was me as I had been looking for a copy of CDM2 for a while so took a punt on buying it.

jeffsea wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:half an hour to go....

I guess this is a hail mary at this point, but i am going to constantly lurk here if anyone comes upon this before the auction ends

AAARGH, I am going to be salty about this one for a while.  What a bargain someone got there

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:11 am 

Yay! Let us know if CDM2 is complete. I can post a page count and descriptions if I haven't done so on the CDM thread. PM me if you need the page list.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:48 pm 

Hi Ian

Thanks for the info on the PM. So this looks like a complete CDM1 (second print) and a boxed version of CDM2 but missing the box but otherwise uncut. So my hunt continues for a complete version of CDM2 either as folio or boxed version but hey-ho those are the breaks!

Cheers  

mbassoc2003 wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:Yay! Let us know if CDM2 is complete. I can post a page count and descriptions if I haven't done so on the CDM thread. PM me if you need the page list.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:15 pm 

A really good haul given the current prices and the ongoing collectability/desirability of the of the Integrated Games/Beast Entz stuff.
Your best chances are probably another collector downsizing or needing to sell. They come up so rarely on eBay.
NKG is always an option for paying +200% of somethings current market value.
Otherwise, I've often found the odd gem here... Out of Print & New RPGs - The Shop on the Borderlands  I don't think they advertise online and I don't think they do eBay, but I can't be sure. Someone here might know more about them. But I've bought from them quite a few times over the years, usually obscure things. Over the past few years their pricing has become a bit more switched on, so the bargains are no longer there that used to be there, but they still seem to get their fair share of the strange and obscure.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:59 pm 

@ Allan: what is this? Do you know it?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:24 am 

...still in shrink!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:51 am 

aia wrote in Interesting Non-TSR Items Currently on eBay:@ Allan: what is this? Do you know it?

Maybe it's the answer to your question about orange-spine books.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 71 of 93123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 919293