Brimstone
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:11 am 

I have a question but i cant write in the classified forum ... therefore here we go: i miss whether for the eye of the dragon a "standard" module has been done or not. I remember we started this discussion somewhere here and for the latest info i have only the super limited edttion has been issued...

The question is tied to Brimstone since i, as a collector with not enough budget, would be interested inthe brimstone ordinary edition but i am in doubt as i miss the previous module...

Ciaooo

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:01 am 

aia wrote in Brimstone:I have a question but i cant write in the classified forum ... therefore here we go: i miss whether for the eye of the dragon a "standard" module has been done or not. I remember we started this discussion somewhere here and for the latest info i have only the super limited edttion has been issued...

The question is tied to Brimstone since i, as a collector with not enough budget, would be interested inthe brimstone ordinary edition but i am in doubt as i miss the previous module...

Ciaooo

Hi There,
Eye of the Dragon was not released in a "standard" module edition.  There is not a plan to release Eye of the Dragon in any other format besides the current limited edition format with the Daystar West original covers.
Thanks,
Scott

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:15 am 

Sell your car, maybe?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:16 pm 

Bumping an older thread because the original topic was a classified...

Just wanted to say thanks to the Hickmans and our friends from the acaeum for bringing this project to life!  Pun intended :)

Heck of a module, clever, complicated, and fun to read through, even if I haven't plans to play it (yet)

If anyone's on the fence (granted, at the price it's not for everyone), I recommend it 100 percent. I can't imagine many of these will be resold any time soon... Get one while you can.

Just a question for the project team, will you be able to confirm how many will ultimately be released?

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:03 am 

Right, at the end of the day i missed it...  Is there any available copy? Or is it sold out?
Ciaoo

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:14 pm 

You can probably still get one of the very limited print run if you contact Melnibonean:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3183

It's an amazing module.

Here's the original classifieds thread:

Brimstone Modules

The standard Brimstone module should be forthcoming soon.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:06 pm 

Thanks Dave and Doug!  I am glad that you are enjoying the module.  This has been quite a journey bringing these modules into production.  I was glad that we were able to squeak this in before Tracy changed careers.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:45 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Brimstone:Just a question for the project team, will you be able to confirm how many will ultimately be released?

While I was not a part of the project team that helped bring Brimstone to fruition, I am fairly confident that only fifty limited-edition, signed and numbered modules will be sold.  There will be no standard edition or any other edition.  Once these are sold, that's it.   If you want a copy of this adventure, I recommend you contact Melnibonean sooner rather than later.  I have heard there are only five or six copies left to be sold.  The cost is $500.00 each, and each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Tracy and Laura Hickman.

I recently purchased a copy, and I am so glad I did.  As probably all of you know, Tracy and Laura co-wrote and outlined several classic adventures together prior to working with TSR.  Rahasia, Pharoah, Vampyr/Ravenloft, Eye of the Dragon and Brimstone.  Brimstone is the highest level adventure of the bunch and perhaps the best.  It's huge at over 100 pages and wonderfully presented with classic interior art and well-drawn maps.  The thing I always appreciated about their adventures was the compelling story-line, and this adventure is no exception.  Like both Eye of the Dragon and Ravenloft adventures, the thrust and challenge of the adventure may not be the same for each adventuring party.  It is an instant classic.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:15 pm 

Thank you Chris for your kind words regarding Brimstone. It is an amazing adventure, the best of the series and one of the best adventures I own (and that covers a fair bit of ground). At 110 pages, with no open unused space, it could keep a party occupied (in Hell) for quite a while. Full disclosure, my name is on the title page as a producer, but I really would urge anyone that was contemplating buying one to not wait. None of the copies of Eye of the Dragon have turned up in secondary markets and I don't think this one will either. By the way, I think there may be more like 10 left, 5 of which I'll be bringing down to GenCon, so if anyone wanted to pick up a copy from Scott or me, we'll have them there. I will often be at the auction, if anyone is looking for me....

Shrink is not a condition

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:23 am 

I just sold another one, so I think there are about 9 left, 4 of which I'll be bringing to GenCon.

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 pm 

stratochamp wrote in Brimstone:I just sold another one, so I think there are about 9 left, 4 of which I'll be bringing to GenCon.

Are there any copies of Brimstone left which you will be bringing to NTX this year?  Or are they all sold out?  Just curious.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:08 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Brimstone:
stratochamp wrote in Brimstone:I just sold another one, so I think there are about 9 left, 4 of which I'll be bringing to GenCon.

Are there any copies of Brimstone left which you will be bringing to NTX this year?  Or are they all sold out?  Just curious.   8)

I will bring a few with me to NTX.  Just find me and I can get you a copy.

Thanks,

Scott

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 pm 

Melnibonean wrote in Brimstone:
benjoshua wrote in Brimstone:

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, will these be the $150 version?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:44 pm 

Lordan wrote in Brimstone:
Melnibonean wrote in Brimstone:

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, will these be the $150 version?

These will be the $500 version.  We did not have enough interest to produce the $150 version.