Limited "D&D Gazetteer" - How rare?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:13 pm 

I tried to find any info on the limited D&D Gazetteer.  Of all the searches I have done, there has been no mention of this RPGA version.  Does anyone else have this item?

d20sites

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:06 am 

Howdy,

d20sites wrote:I tried to find any info on the limited D&D Gazetteer.  Of all the searches I have done, there has been no mention of this RPGA version.  Does anyone else have this item?

One was made available to every RPGA member at GenCon 2000. So what's that 5,000 copies? It was later released as The Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Not too much difference between the two other than the cover - I'd have to compare them.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:29 am 

No, not released as the "Living Greyhawk Gazeteer," it was released as the "Gazeteer" (there is a difference).
I'd tell you what the difference is btwn. the rpga version and the regular version (other than the colors) but my copy is in shrinkwrap.  Its not particularly rare...  yet.  You can still pick it up on eBay for not alot last I checked.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:02 am 

I wouldn't swear it on a stack of bibles, but I seem to remember the print range for the RPGA D&D Gazetteer being something like 5,000. Certainly no larger than 7,500.

They were all distributed at the show, leaving no leftovers around the office. I myself have only one copy.

So I'd guess it's pretty rare, and will eventually be worth something.

--Erik Mona
Who worked for the RPGA at the time

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:10 am 

Here's one on eBay. They seem to have more (this one popped up after I bought the other one :wink: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952236280

EDIT: On closer inspection, I think this was a shitty deal. I think the guy's selling the regular Living Gazetteer and uses a misleading old cover shot from the WOTC website. No more impulsive buys!

Can someone please post a picture of the cover of the true RPGA Gazetteer version?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:26 am 

are these gazetteer things any good? i've seen them a few times and had one or two over the years, but never really paid too much attention to them other than selling them on etc....

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:29 am 

Well if you play 3E or Greyhawk they are quite cool. LGGaz, From the Ashes, and the original WoG Box make up the three pillars of Greyhawk Lore (and the respective eras). It`s also an excellent product, very useful for a Greyhawker even if you`re not playing 3E. (Theres  almost no crunch and lots of fluff)

I never heard of the limited ones before. How do they differ from the later ones?  Do they really have that cover?