Shady Buyers
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:37 pm 

sunday_sniper

He bids on a book with a shipping charge of $5.00 and then harrasses you to reduce it after the auction. He doesn't pay and leaves negative feedback. He makes his own feedback private, I'm guessing, because he does it to everyone.

Just an FYI - make your own decision.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:42 pm 

dcowan wrote:sunday_sniper

He bids on a book with a shipping charge of $5.00 and then harrasses you to reduce it after the auction. He doesn't pay and leaves negative feedback. He makes his own feedback private, I'm guessing, because he does it to everyone.

Just an FYI - make your own decision.

If he hasn't paid you should be able to get that negative removed.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 pm 

Thanks - blocked.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Thanks - blocked.

Ditto...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:26 pm 

mandalaymoon wrote:
Ditto...

Me too.  Odd his feedback is private, since he has no negs (?).  But better safe than sorry....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:51 pm 

I guess it's private becasue as a buyer he can't get a neg but sellers can certainly put 'negative' comments on positive feedback. (you'll see more and more of this)

"Buyer is a scam artist - avoid at all costs - contact me for details" - imagine seeing that as a positive - you'll know that the seller is deeply pissed off - and you'd probably contact him as well.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:01 am 

Thanks for the heads up, dcowan  -  blocked.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:31 pm 

Time to resurrect this thread for Acaeum Sellers..

Below are four buyerswho have purchased something from me in the last 2 months, and not paid.  Since sellers have no recourse besides filing a non paying bidder report, one cannot leave negs to showcase their bad behavior.  So, without further adieu, you might want to ban the following:

lunabob71
xanduis
burzum_veggies
readerone.314

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:37 pm 

The problem with posting a negative comment in positive feedback is that eBay will remove the comment and leave the positive. Thus giving the bad buyer good feedback.

The eBay Feedback Abuse Policy clearly states that "Negative statements that conflict with a positive rating" are not permitted.

I am guessing that if you just put something like "Contact Seller" in the comment field, there will be no grounds for it's removal.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:45 pm 

Badmike wrote:Time to resurrect this thread for Acaeum Sellers..

Below are four buyerswho have purchased something from me in the last 2 months, and not paid.  Since sellers have no recourse besides filing a non paying bidder report, one cannot leave negs to showcase their bad behavior.  So, without further adieu, you might want to ban the following:

lunabob71
xanduis
burzum_veggies
readerone.314

Mike B.

Added!  Thanks as always. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 am 

One more victim of the new ebay policy.

Add this one to your list:
batmanismymaster

The Post Office killed the package so his miniatures were toast.
He left me a neutral without even contacting me about it. I only found out after the neutral fb.

Purchased insurance, probably filed for reimbursement AND ruined my 100% rating. Followed that up with "That's what ebay told me to do so I did it."

Thanks for trying to contact me PRIOR to leaving neutral (ie negative) feedback. You are the weakest link = Blocked.

Ebay's new feedback system SUCKS.

:x

Any other sellers tempted to never give feedback until the buyer does?

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:53 am 

argyrebasin wrote:
Ebay's new feedback system SUCKS.

:x

Any other sellers tempted to never give feedback until the buyer does?

Nowadays, if you leave feedback first you are really asking for a kick in the chops. I only leave feedback for those who leave me feedback, hasn't hurt me a bit since positive feedback isn't that big of a deal now anyway, since you are going for DSRs instead.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:27 pm 

Not a shady buyer, but you might want to block him all the same since he IS clueless.  He's an Aussie!

mattkeenan11

He is filing against me on paypal because an item overseas did not arrive in four days, which he swears is the longest he's EVER had to wait for an overseas delivery (he has a feedback of 19...so he apparantly hasn't had too many orders, period).  It is the 7th day today and he's sure I never shipped the item, despite having the tracking info at hand.

American buyers may want to block this guy unless you can be assured to get him his items in less than a week....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:52 pm 

Wow!  Check this one out.  The buyer left me a Neg AND filed with paypal....but checking the tracking shows the item is at his post office waiting pickup!   He just never bothered to get the item at the post office!  As the Coug would say, BLOCK WIPE AVOID this retard:

scubabri420
Buyer's Name: brian reid

Mike B.

Update:

It gets better. I called Brian as I had his number on the contact.  He was evasive and wouldn't acknowledge he was Brian at first.  I told him the tracking on the items indicated it was waiting for him at his post office. He was beligerent and combatative, and didn't believe the post office had his package despite me giving him the tracking number. "Those things can be faked, man" was his reply.  I again told him the item was at the post office, and had actually reached him ten days after I mailed it out.  He said "So what, I'm still leaving the neg, ten days is too fucking long.  You're service sucks".  Classy.  If you haven't blocked this dude, you really, really need to.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:26 pm 

Badmike wrote:Wow!  Check this one out.  The buyer left me a Neg AND filed with paypal....but checking the tracking shows the item is at his post office waiting pickup!   He just never bothered to get the item at the post office!  As the Coug would say, BLOCK WIPE AVOID this retard:

scubabri420
Buyer's Name: brian reid

Mike B.

Update:

It gets better. I called Brian as I had his number on the contact.  He was evasive and wouldn't acknowledge he was Brian at first.  I told him the tracking on the items indicated it was waiting for him at his post office. He was beligerent and combatative, and didn't believe the post office had his package despite me giving him the tracking number. "Those things can be faked, man" was his reply.  I again told him the item was at the post office, and had actually reached him ten days after I mailed it out.  He said "So what, I'm still leaving the neg, ten days is too fucking long.  You're service sucks".  Classy.  If you haven't blocked this dude, you really, really need to.

This is not the first time either:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... tForOthers

The best part is when he said, "Those can be faked".  Really Interesting that someone would have the ability to go through the hassle and committing a federal offense by hacking the the USPS all so that you could lie to him about his tracking number.  :roll:   Jesus, some people need to DIAF for the betterment of the rest of society.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

This is not the first time either:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... tForOthers

The best part is when he said, "Those can be faked".  Really Interesting that someone would have the ability to go through the hassle and committing a federal offense by hacking the the USPS all so that you could lie to him about his tracking number.  :roll:   Jesus, some people need to DIAF for the betterment of the rest of society.

Yeh I noticed that screw job he did on the other seller..so this guy is a serial dork.  He actually said a few other stupid things but I left them out in the interests of preventing brain cells exploding. When I offered to give him the tracking number he got beligerent and said "I KNOW how to use the mail tracking, DUDE, the delivery guy is a PERSONAL friend!" Like that would impress the hell out of me that this mail carrier is his buddy....

:roll:

Anyway to reiterate block this guy and quick.  I'll get my money back from Paypal in due course, but the negs will be a bit tougher to take care of...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:When I offered to give him the tracking number he got beligerent and said "I KNOW how to use the mail tracking, DUDE, the delivery guy is a PERSONAL friend!"

Anyone with "420" in an e-mail address or eBay ID is probably not as sharp as he thinks he is.

However, he does get points for having the name of "Brian".  :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:42 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Anyone with "420" in an e-mail address or eBay ID is probably not as sharp as he thinks he is.

We aint 'cough' all that bad. 'cough

Next