Loss of power seller status?!
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:54 am 

has this seller lost his power seller status?

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-D-D-PEGASUS-AMBER ... dZViewItem

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:33 am 

beasterbrook wrote:has this seller lost his power seller status?

he hasnt "lost" it, there are just some issues with ebay as they are just being a plain arse. i had similar problems once and just told them to shove it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:14 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

he hasnt "lost" it, there are just some issues with ebay as they are just being a plain arse. i had similar problems once and just told them to shove it.

Al

I did notice that the word Titanium has been removed from his auction descriptions.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:31 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I did notice that the word Titanium has been removed from his auction descriptions.

*shrugs* no idea. cant say i pay that much attention or am that bothered tbh :)

i will still bid on what i want, as much as anywhere else, so powerseller or not, makes no difference to me :D

it is an ebay problem tho - i think, something that has been complained about and they have swept the board unnecessarily.

it will get sorted anyhow.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:50 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

Al

I did notice that the word Titanium has been removed from his auction descriptions.

He hasn't been a powerseller for quite awhile now.  I didn't notice the Titanium removal, that's probably recent (he's taken it off his "About Me" page also I see).  I'm surprised Ebay hasn't enforced the removal of that a long time ago and let him get away with it so long. Any piece of shit (like Cougie) selling on Ebay could list "Titanium Seller" if that wasn't the case.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:23 pm 

Badmike said
Any piece of shit (like Cougie) selling on Ebay could list "Titanium Seller" if that wasn't the case.

no - don't mince your words, say what you REALLY mean :lol:
Seriously though I have dealt with Coug a couple of times with no issues. I am however very surprised that he seemingly never does anything to his listings - has had the same 'email probs''most listings'etc have all been on there forever. The only thing that has changed is the titanium seller bit and even that has been removed in a pretty slapdash way.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:25 pm 

Our fave ebayer said
General Information: I have loads of auctions on at present and due for the near future, in fact, the most I have ever done! My aim is to become one of the largest D&D / AD&D dungeons & dragons Sellers on Ebay, if not the largest! Please check out often for my future auctions!

I've been meaning to ask - is he one of the largest (no mean comments please!)? Again this has been in his listings for years.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:46 pm 

Yes, I think he qualifies as one of the largest game sellers on Ebay.  Only a few others are in his range...Tonya and Titan...few others.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:30 pm 

gyg wrote:Badmike said
Any piece of shit (like Cougie) selling on Ebay could list "Titanium Seller" if that wasn't the case.

no - don't mince your words, say what you REALLY mean :lol:
Seriously though I have dealt with Coug a couple of times with no issues. I am however very surprised that he seemingly never does anything to his listings - has had the same 'email probs''most listings'etc have all been on there forever. The only thing that has changed is the titanium seller bit and even that has been removed in a pretty slapdash way.

I think it's pretty well documented that most UK buyers have no trouble with him...not surprising, because if he pulled the crap with UK buyers he does with US buyers, he would have gotten his ass kicked in person long ago.  His target seems to be the newbie USA buyer selling a very large collection...after winning, newbie buyer is enticed to send large collection by M-Bag....which are not traceable...which soon then "disappear" in route to the UK at a surprising rate, after which Cougie charges back on his paypal payment and collects the money and the goods together.  This has happened far, far too many times to be either bad luck, coincidence or a faulty UK postal service.  As a wise man once said, "Hereabouts we don't like our coincidences to coincide nearly as much as that".
  He was able to carry on the Titanium power seller farce for years, which surprises me.  I'm sure that finally Ebay threatened to take down his listings if he didn't remove it, they usually let large sellers attempt to correct listings instead of just immediately cancelling them.  
          Volume wise I would say he is one of the largest ebay sellers of RPG items...unfortunately, he's not one of the best. Consider all the flack given Tonya/Titan's games here over the last year, and their neg/feedback withdrawal total doesn't even begin to touch old Cougies....

Mike B.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:53 pm 

Badmike wrote:           Volume wise I would say he is one of the largest ebay sellers of RPG items...unfortunately, he's not one of the best. Consider all the flack given Tonya/Titan's games here over the last year, and their neg/feedback withdrawal total doesn't even begin to touch old Cougies....

Just goes to show that Biggest doesn't necessarily mean Best.  Would much rather buy from someone who cares about what they are selling.  *waves* to mike.

For reference I have purchased from Tonya before.  The shipping costs were high, the quality of the items were over rated and the packaging was poor. To add to this her attitude in email conversations I had with her were verging on rude.  So needless to say I will NOT purchase from her again.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:53 am 

well I've just bought something from auction (although all cheques were supposed to be made out to Tonya, so I don't know what thats all about) I'm waiting to see exactly I was overcharged etc etc...

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:16 am 

beasterbrook wrote:although all cheques were supposed to be made out to Tonya

what they dont accept paypal anymore??!!  8O  8O  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:25 am 

of course, but if I was sending a cheque from memory it was to be made out to Tonya

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:57 am 

beasterbrook wrote:of course, but if I was sending a cheque from memory it was to be made out to Tonya

ah right i see. well she is meant to be doing her own thing isnt she?

i dunno - kinda lost touch in that direction really - not interested etc.

out of sight out of mind an all that...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:05 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Yes, I think he qualifies as one of the largest game sellers on Ebay.  Only a few others are in his range...Tonya and Titan...few others.

Mark   8)

Arthur and Gunhir (not sure on the spelling there) would probably come close.

On a side note. The situation I had with Cougar was resolved to both our satisfaction I think. He received reasonable compensation for the fact he would have had to relist the items and I did not suffer any negative feedback or eBay marks for having to back out of the transaction which he could have by all rights ask for.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:14 am 

beasterbrook wrote:well I've just bought something from auction (although all cheques were supposed to be made out to Tonya, so I don't know what thats all about) I'm waiting to see exactly I was overcharged etc etc...

I've bought a couple things from Tonya in the last month.  

Tonya does not combine shipping costs beyond a token discount.  Her shipping costs are openly stated on her auctions.  There is no particular incentive to win multiple auctions from her, but all domestic shipping is up front and clear.

There might be problems with overseas shipping, I guess....in fact, I assume this is so.  Best to get the price in advance.

One of the reasons I do not buy from Cougarrinard, for instance, is because he will not state international shipping costs in advance...gets downright nasy about it.  Buyer beware.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:16 pm 

improvstone wrote:For reference I have purchased from Tonya before.  The shipping costs were high, the quality of the items were over rated and the packaging was poor. To add to this her attitude in email conversations I had with her were verging on rude.  So needless to say I will NOT purchase from her again.

I have purchased from Titan in the past and Tonya recently, and the packaging was fine.  I never exchanged any e-mail, and the low price balanced out the high shipping cost.  The quality of the items was on the mark or close enough.

. . . didn't we go through this earlier in the year?

For me, Titan/Tonya's is at least as good as it ever was.  Doubtless some have opinions on the other side of the fence.  If I felt ripped off or deceived by a seller, I would feel (and have felt) the same way.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:28 pm 

Ironically one of the few things I've bought on ebay was from Cougar.... No problems with shipping or product from him. But having read some of the horror stories in regards to him  and the neg feedback left on him I most likely wouldnt buy from him again... One last thing, every other thread involving him has a kitty picture, c'mon where is the picture?!! :lol:

Maraudar

Next