Private Sales and Sellers
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:09 pm 

Some overdue thanks...

To the Burntwire Brothers for some great Lamentations items (and others) that I picked up at GaryCon. There stuff is always fairly priced and it's also accurately graded.

To Bill Webb for helping me out with so many items. He is just a great guy and really loves our hobby. I'm proud to have his 12 pound metal & leather books on my shelves and his Vellum maps are right at home inside a 300 year old desk that houses my maps.

To Jim Kitchen for a Character Archaic that was different than my other two (and for a memorable visit over to Games Plus).

And to Scott Brand, who not only sent some rare stuff my way recently, but who has not been adequately thanked for getting Tracy Hickman to complete his heretofore uncompleted last two great adventures, Eye of the Dragon and Brimstone. His bringing me on board to help out resulted in me getting to know the Hickman's, which culminated in me getting some unbelievable additions to my collection, some routed through Scott and some direct from Tracy & Laura. Thank you very, very much Scott.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:12 pm 

Always a pleasure Stratochamp.   I am glad that I can actually contribute to the most comprehensive collection on the planet.  Thanks to you, Bracton, and Blackmoor for help making Eye of the Dragon and Brimstone possible.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:58 am 

Just wanted to share a happy three-way trade that worked out well for us all...

Thanks to Invincible Overlord for a long-sought 'want'!

Thanks to cdenham for finding a home for Rahasia!

Just like trading hockey cards when I was a kid :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:17 am 

Great purchase from stratochamp - accurate description, delivered quickly, packed really well. Thanks man!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:57 pm 

Thunderdave wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Just wanted to share a happy three-way trade that worked out well for us all...

Thanks to Invincible Overlord for a long-sought 'want'!

Thanks to cdenham for finding a home for Rahasia!

Just like trading hockey cards when I was a kid :)

It's the former politician in me...

... always trying to make people happy  :D

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:18 pm 

Huge thanks to Thunderdave. Awesome transaction, as ever :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:14 pm 

Wow this thread was buried!  No happy deals since May?

Well let me bump this with a shout out to Dragonsbreath.  It was an ebay auction, grat71 and an aceaum member too so I hope this is ok... I have to hand it to him, super-secure packaging, bulletproof, exactly the way a collectible should be sent.  Thank you sir!  Great item, super strong packaging, quick service, couldn't ask for a better transaction - good luck with you sales & highly recommended to anyone considering his items :)

Also want to say thank you to exTSR - amazing what a call-for-help in our classifieds will turn up.  Much obliged, a new centerpeice for the collection with your help - thanks for hooking us up :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:29 am 

Message to Bill Barsh  (Could anyone who knows Bill, help me get this message to him? I was going to give this a thread, but then decided that would be inappropriate).

Dear Bill,

Sorry from the outset to communicate this way, but I am not having much luck through regular channels.
I see your Kickstarter is finally coming to fruition and you are planning to send items out. This is an appeal as a very large backer of your work, please communicate with me before sending anything.

Our communications over the past four years are a rather sorry tale:

12.10.2012 - I backed your KS at the highest level $350. (This triggered a four year long love affair with KS that has seen me back over 180 projects). I wasn't able to write an advenutre for you but did you you an adventure outline.

09.06.13 - Ordered what you then marketed as an NTX Convention Pack (up to that point I had purchased everything you published through Pacesetter Games).

21.09.13 - There was some confusion over the order, but you confirmed payment had been received and that it never went out.

28.01.14 - We had some communication again as I had been moving around and you confirmed it would be sent out.

15.04.14 - I wrote to you to tell you I was moving to Uzbekistan and that we had to finalise the order ASAP.

28.10.14 - I know you had personal issues in 2014 and I had moved my whole family to different country so I suggested if that order was no longer possible to fill, just to give the money to charity

16.03.15 - I got an email from you where you acknoweldegd the oder was big mess and and you said you would send it out (that was the last I ever heard on that subject and I never received anything. Anyway, I really don't need it, just give to charity as I had suggested).

26.01.16 - I sent an email to you giving you my Uzbekistan address

15.03.16 - You sent an email to KS backers asking them to confirm addresses and you gave my old Australian address. I immediately wrote back giving you my Uzbekistan address again.

01.11.16 - I wrote to you again giving all my deatils - Uzbekistan address, email even my phone number. I asked you to please communicate with me before sending anything.

I am writing this a bit out of desperation Bill, as our communcations never seem to work. I know you've had a bunch of personal issues that made a lot of your projects difficult, and I am really impressed that you have persevered with the KS Project, despite the difficulties.  

Please can you communicate with me here (or via PM) before sending anything to me. Lets discuss best options. If it is difficult for you to send items to Uzbekistan (I know it is expensive). I could give an address of my parents in Australia or even a US address from an Acaeum friend, who I could arrange to send to me later.

Thanks Jeremy

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:25 pm 

Jeremy,
I took down the information. PM or email your desired mailing address and I will have this resolved immediately.

Bill

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:52 am 

Huge thanks to Steven Red_Bus for some awesome additions to my Call of Cthulhu collection.

And to Jonathan (Bamajon) for a numbered version of John Tynes' Three days to kill that I didn't even know existed.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:24 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Huge thanks to Steven Red_Bus for some awesome additions to my Call of Cthulhu collection.

Me too :D  What goodies did you pick up?---I bought the pre-Pagan version of Tales of Terror!

xRalphx wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:And to Jonathan (Bamajon) for a numbered version of John Tynes' Three days to kill that I didn't even know existed.

There's a numbered version, as well as as signed and numbered version, in case you're a completist, Ralph.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:26 am 

grodog wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:I bought the pre-Pagan version of Tales of Terror!

And me, More Tales of Terror :)

Thanks for the A++ sale.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:03 pm 

grodog wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:
Me too :D  What goodies did you pick up?---I bought the pre-Pagan version of Tales of Terror!

There's a numbered version, as well as as signed and numbered version, in case you're a completist, Ralph.

I picked up some Cthulhu Conglomerate modules and the 20th anniversary Miskatonic version.

Oh great. Thanks for teasing me with that one Allan!  :evil:  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:55 pm 

xRalphx wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:I picked up some Cthulhu Conglomerate modules and the 20th anniversary Miskatonic version.

Very nice!  I've heard of the Conglomerate modules, but haven't seen them:  are they good content?

xRalphx wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:Oh great. Thanks for teasing me with that one Allan!  :evil:  :D

Always happy to help :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:23 am 

grodog wrote in Private Sales and Sellers:
Very nice!  I've heard of the Conglomerate modules, but haven't seen them:  are they good content?

I haven't gotten around to actually reading them. As is the case with most of my collection unfortunately.  :cry:

PreviousNext