Bio One
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:13 pm 

Comparison of the two versions (aka 'blue' and 'green').

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My friends Dave & Gary made a quantum leap in the human soul. Remember them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:30 pm 

The texture of the "blue" cover almost looks like construction paper.  When were those released Frank.  I don't think I have ever seen Bio-One books before.

-SKA

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:07 pm 

I have the "blue" one.  Do you know which one was printed first?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:40 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Bio One:I don't think I have ever seen Bio-One books before.

That's a step ahead of me - I don't even know whether I've seen a copy before. I have it, but many copies are supposed to be modern fakes, & I don't know if mine is or not.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:37 pm 

As the pic show, all the text is identical. No clue as to which came first -- or whether the printer may have used a mixed lot of papers.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:56 am 

I acquired my copy from a Paul Stormberg auction back in 2011.  It is green and has a $2.00 price printed on the cover which is less than the $2.50 shown on the back covers of the other pictures shown.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:35 am 

Appears to be a later printing, with a price on it. Earliest ones had no price on the front.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:49 pm 

This picture of the back shows a different product listing, as well, where some of the prices of other products are also lower which is what caused me to wonder if this is an earlier printing, before prices were raised.  This copy comes from Gary's collection.

Now that I look more carefully at these two lists, products like Bio One and others may have been discounted to get rid of inventory.  I don't know the exact publish date of Bio One but this product list contains first 3 OD&D expansions as well as OD&D, making it a likely later but cheaper printing?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:13 pm 

WolfByte wrote in Bio One:[ Image ]

This picture of the back shows a different product listing, as well, where some of the prices of other products are also lower which is what caused me to wonder if this is an earlier printing, before prices were raised.  This copy comes from Gary's collection.

Now that I look more carefully at these two lists, products like Bio One and others may have been discounted to get rid of inventory.  I don't know the exact publish date of Bio One but this product list contains first 3 OD&D expansions as well as OD&D, making it a likely later but cheaper printing?

Someone else sent me that same product list from a Bio One which I date around Mar-Apr 76 after Air Power but before Strategic Review #3. The other Bio One's would be around mid 1977 when the percentile dice went down to those prices.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own