less than once per month 24%       24%  [ 9 ]
What! This game is for playing? 32%       32%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 38

Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:12 pm 

Just wanted to know how often the Acaeum Members actually play D&D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:14 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just wanted to know how often the Acaeum Members actually play D&D

Haven't played a game since 1994.  :wink:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:16 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:Just wanted to know how often the Acaeum Members actually play D&D

Haven't played a game since 1994.  :wink:

That's to bad, I here it is a rather good game :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:44 pm 

holidays are coming up, hopefully i'll be able to go see some friends and continue our campaign.  it's been on and off for almost 5 years now...

-dave

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:47 pm 

I used to have a nice groupd of friends that I could game with. many of them got kids, and because they're no good with them I don't hang around with them any more.

:cry:

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:27 am 

Looks like almost half the people on this forum do not even play the game anymore :?:  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:01 am 

I play every two or three weeks, depending if we find a common date for a session in one of our two groups.

And if that poll result is really close to the truth then I do not understand why people collect RPG stuff without playing it....a bit senseless IMO.  They could as well go and collect stamps  :?

But then it also be a big conspiracy to lure us newbies into the belief the big guys here do not really know what they are talking about  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:18 am 

When our Greyhawk game was still going in the spring and early summer --- of this year ;) --- we played 2-3 times per month, but that game's toast and we haven't managed to get another one going yet.  So I replied less than once a month, since it's been too long....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:46 am 

Jupp wrote:And if that poll result is really close to the truth then I do not understand why people collect RPG stuff without playing it....a bit senseless IMO.  They could as well go and collect stamps  :?

But then it also be a big conspiracy to lure us newbies into the belief the big guys here do not really know what they are talking about  :wink:

I don't play anymore.  For me, it's a hobby, just like collecting anything else.  (I used to collect stamps, too, but D&D items are significantly more fun to collect)  I was one of many who worked on their own campaign setting for about 10 years, and when all the buzz concerning 3E came out, looked around and realized the game had changed forever, and it wasn't something I wanted to play anymore.  I bought the 3E core books cheap, rifled through them, and gave them to my brother.

As far as the "big guys" knowing what they're talking about -- they certainly do.  Most of them can probably quote the 1st Ed. DMG/MM/PHB with their eyes closed, the good ones will ask "which printing?" first... :)

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:45 pm 

I play in two groups, each of which meets once a month so I checked once every two weeks.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:43 pm 

Howdy,

My group has played, once a week for 4 hours for 11 years.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:34 pm 

stormber wrote:Howdy,

My group has played, once a week for 4 hours for 11 years.

Futures Bright,

Paul

My group is pretty much the same.  It has seen some highs and lows though.  At one point I had 3 girls! in my group.  After some stratigic divorces its now down to only one girl! (My wife by the way)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:20 am 

Even though it has been over a decade since I played, I am happy to report that my daughter (who is 7 1/2 months old) - just pulled herself up to a standing position for the first time!

The extra-cool thing about this is she used a large stack of hardcover AD&D manuals for support (I did ensure that it didn't collapse on her).

I feel that this is a positive start and she also demonstrated a strong desire to chew on a Manual of the Planes (which I couldn't allow).  Nevertheless, I am inclined to view these as signs that she is interested in someday learning to play the game, so I figure 13 years more and I will be able to get some sort of campaign started. . .

If she isn't too interested in other "teenage girl boring crap" that is. . . need to "geek her up" now when her mother isn't looking.   8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:38 am 

Hey btb---

Ethan's just over eight months old now, and we've been working on rolling up a character for him---he likes big dice :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:08 pm 

My six year old and 2 year old routinely fight over the big fuzzy 20 sider and 10 sider I got for them.  They use them like bowling balls over out miniatures while we are playing  :lol:  :lol: