TSR Product spreadsheet?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 pm 

Does anyone have a really nice spreasheet they'd like to share of all of the old TSR/WotC products? I've found this spreadsheet http://ant.hivemind.net/Products_2008-12-30.xls which is great, but it's a bit out of date and missing a few fields that I'd like, such as page count, authors, etc.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 pm 

I think it depends where you draw the line for "all".  What years?  What games?  Printing variations/versions?

This could run from fairly straightforward to highly complicated, which is why everyone pretty much makes there own lists, to capture just the information they care about.

I'm pretty sure the list you found is Echohawk's.  You can send him a message; he's a member here.  It's certainly a good place to start.  You can also look through the pages at http://www.tsrinfo.net/archive/ for more information.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I'm pretty sure the list you found is Echohawk's.  You can send him a message; he's a member here.  It's certainly a good place to start.  You can also look through the pages at http://www.tsrinfo.net/archive/ for more information.

As well as being a member here, I also check the forums at least once or twice a day!  :mrgreen:

Yes, that's a spreadsheet I put on the web a few years back. Unfortunately, I don't have a version which includes page counts and authors. Since 2008, I have compiled far more exhaustive lists of D&D products, but those contain less information about each product/item than that spreadsheet does. They are just more exhaustive in terms of being more complete lists of items produced for each edition/campaign setting. You can find my various collector's guides over on ENWorld -- this post is a good starting point.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:35 pm 

@Echohawk ah yes, I have marveled at those lists and contributed a bit to the Dark Sun list.

Hmm, well I guess if I dont hear back from the guys at TSRInfo.net or Tome of Treasures about a download from their site, I guess I'll start updating Echohawk's spreadsheet as I can.

@The Historian While I dont need every printing right now, it's something I'd like to eventually include them as a variant, the same way condition would be a variant. The informatin I would like is pretty much what's at TSRInfo.net at a minimum, but hopefully with as much as on most things from Tome of Treasures.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:26 am 

Raddu wrote:@Echohawk ah yes, I have marveled at those lists and contributed a bit to the Dark Sun list.

Hmm, well I guess if I dont hear back from the guys at TSRInfo.net or Tome of Treasures about a download from their site, I guess I'll start updating Echohawk's spreadsheet as I can.

Well, if you are going to do that, then I'd feel bad if I didn't at least share a slightly more up-to-date version for you to use as a starting point. 8)

Warning: The attached file is incomplete. I have gradually been adding info from the Collector's Guide series back into my main spreadsheet, but I am a long, long way from finished with that process, so this version of the spreadsheet is still missing the various Living Greyhawk and Living City releases (amongst many others). There are also plenty of other gaps in some of the columns. And it doesn't even attempt to cover the different printings of each item, only the first one is listed in most cases. On the other hand, the product release dates in this version should be substantially more accurate that they were in the 2008 version. Basically, don't blame me if this feels like a work-in-progress, because it most certainly is. Terms and conditions apply. Warranty may not be valid in all states. Does not ship internationally. Etc.  :mrgreen:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 pm 

@Echohawk You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! I appreciate the help.

As soon as I get the information updated that I want, I'll make sure to upload it for those in need.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:43 pm 

Yes, that spreadsheet is (still) amazing!

I'm curious how you got such specific dates for early items, like the original D-series modules being released on Sep 26 1978. I have been digging various materials for a while, trying to establish their release date, and I happened to look at your spreadsheet, and there was the date. But how? Am I missing some obvious sources of info? Maybe Dungeon Hobby Store fliers or something?

(And now I need to go dig through the dragon archive to see what convention happened on Sep 26 1978.)

I do have a couple corrections for you on the dates, with primary source establishment. Want a PM with the details, or would you prefer it here?

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 pm 

The 9/26/78 date is from the US Copyright registration records. Those records may or may not be entirely accurate as many were registered well after the indicated publication date. For Holmes Basic at least, the 7/10/77 publication date fits so far with what Jon Peterson reported in Playing at the World.

See here for a list of the publication/registration dates:
http://zenopusarchives.blogspot.com/201 ... -1981.html

Zenopus Archives website & blog: Exploring the Underworld of Holmes Basic D&D. Holmes Ref: Reference Sheets for Holmes Basic Referees, also compatible with OD&D plus the Greyhawk supplement

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm 

Ah cool, I was in the process of trying to dig up that list! I had seen it before, but couldn't remember where.

And yeah, there are a couple obvious publication date inaccuracies. Examples:
G1, G2, G3: The Dragon #19 p 3 says these modules debuted at Origins 1978 (Jul 13-16)
Fiend Folio: PAN #4 confirms it was released at GamesFair 1981 (Jul 10-12)

... I haven't scrutinized the rest. There are probably some more obvious ones.

Guy Fullerton
Chaotic Henchmen Productions
http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:50 am 

Guy Fullerton wrote:I'm curious how you got such specific dates for early items, like the original D-series modules being released on Sep 26 1978. I have been digging various materials for a while, trying to establish their release date, and I happened to look at your spreadsheet, and there was the date. But how? Am I missing some obvious sources of info? Maybe Dungeon Hobby Store fliers or something?

(And now I need to go dig through the dragon archive to see what convention happened on Sep 26 1978.)

I do have a couple corrections for you on the dates, with primary source establishment. Want a PM with the details, or would you prefer it here?

As Zenopus correctly points out, many of those dates are thanks to his cunning detective work with the US copyright registration records. In some cases, where those dates are clearly not right and I could find a more authoritative source, I've used that instead. Old TSR catalogs, Dragon magazines and convention records have also provided a number of clues over the years.

I really wish I'd made better notes as I went along about my sources for all of the dates, but I didn't, so unfortunately in some cases I no longer have any idea why a particular date ended up in the spreadsheet  :(

If you have any (other) corrections, I'd be most grateful for them, either in this thread of via a PM.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:47 am 

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but is this spreadsheet still hanging around? The link doesn't work for me.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm 

forthekill wrote in TSR Product spreadsheet?:Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but is this spreadsheet still hanging around? The link doesn't work for me.

Not a spreadsheet but there is this…

Stocklist

I was able to download Echohawks attachment if that is what you were referring to.

download/file.php?id=167

-SKA

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:31 pm 

Raddu wrote in TSR Product spreadsheet?:Does anyone have a really nice spreasheet they'd like to share of all of the old TSR/WotC products? I've found this spreadsheet http://ant.hivemind.net/Products_2008-12-30.xls which is great, but it's a bit out of date and missing a few fields that I'd like, such as page count, authors, etc.

Check out the Collector's Database (MS Access format) in the Files section of Facebook Acaeum. IIRC, I put an Excel spreadsheet with the same data in there.