Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:34 pm 

Is this a legit item? Or, someone's custom made project? I don't recall seeing one before.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:00 am 

Could be.
Lorraine was pretty desparate in '92. The arse was falling out of the RPG market, and she had a serious cake habit to feed.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:40 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Could be.
Lorraine was pretty desparate in '92. The arse was falling out of the RPG market, and she had a serious cake habit to feed.

Now that last part was seriously funny.
More so because it is so true.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:43 am 

ebay.com/itm/Basic-Dungeons-and-Dragons ... 19d1259ee8
All five of the Basic Box Sets

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:48 pm 

Careful on the OCE with supplements:
[url]

[/url]

Although the seller states, "Base 3 piece set and additional added items. All never used and stored in a photo box to keep in near mint condition," If you read further the grading section the seller states: "All pictures are stock photos. The condition of the item you will receive is Fair/EX - reference sheets Fair+."  :(

The description states BOTH "near mint, never used" AND that the photos are stock and the item is "Fair/EX."

Maybe (hopefully) there is a cut and paste error in the listing because these don't look like stock photos... :?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:24 pm 

nevcoup wrote:Careful on the OCE with supplements:
[url]

[/url]

Although the seller states, "Base 3 piece set and additional added items. All never used and stored in a photo box to keep in near mint condition," If you read further the grading section the seller states: "All pictures are stock photos. The condition of the item you will receive is Fair/EX - reference sheets Fair+."  :(

The description states BOTH "near mint, never used" AND that the photos are stock and the item is "Fair/EX."

Maybe (hopefully) there is a cut and paste error in the listing because these don't look like stock photos... :?

Thank you, I missed that blurb hidden at the bottom...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 pm 

that has got to be an old stock photo. i mean just look at the vintage 1974 upholstery on that chair!

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:10 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Good price. Trustworthy seller. (He also has B10 at $60)xv

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:22 pm 

Large lot ending soon (US).

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Another one ending in a few days (US).

Shrinkwrapped Otus cover set ending soon (seller also has some nice looking mini sets).

5th print white box (I guess)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:25 am 

$9.99 starting price with $119.41 shipping (Domestic)
Same seller has several listings with insane shipping, and yet several other listings with normal shipping.....
I was just curious, but not enough to ask WTF of the seller...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Same seller has several listings with insane shipping, and yet several other listings with normal shipping.....

Ebay has again changed their policies. Now, to be a Top Rated Seller, you must offer one day express shipping for all your items. This is impractical for a lot of smaller sellers (the one day shipping definitely favors the larger conglomerate that can work around the clock with many employees).  However, to skirt the rule, you can basically charge whatever you want for one day shipping and still list the item as being "available" for one day shipping. So many sellers are using the one day shipping button yet listing ridiculous shipping prices, in hope you won't use the service but if you did they would be heavily compensated.

In most cases with insane one day or express shipping, you can check out the listing and there is often shipping listed at a more normal price for other methods (In this case, $6.29 for media mail).

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:39 pm 

Badmike wrote:Ebay has again changed their policies. Now, to be a Top Rated Seller, you must offer one day express shipping for all your items.

I think you have misinterpreted the policy change.  The change is that you must list a 1 day handling time (not 1 day shipping time) and sellers must now enter the tracking number of the item into Ebay within the 1 day period after payment.  You are allowed to slip up a couple times but too many and you lose your Top Rated status (and Ebay fee discount).  Another part of the policy is that you have to also allow returns.

Neither of these really effect me as a small time seller who just creeps into Top Rated Powerseller status (a 20% discount of Ebay fees).  Since I print up shipping through Paypal the tracking is automatically inserted and I've never had a return (on Ebay or otherwise).  I wish Ebay would enforce more of these types of policies and automatically incorporate stuff like shipping time/price & handling fee into a set of autocomputed DSRs.  Over the last few months my shipping price DSR got hammered because I ship mainly from Canada to the US so the cost is high - I do not charge a handling fee and wasn't even charging the Ebay fee on shipping.  The only model I can really use is free shipping and incorporate a shipping fee into the product price (which is crap since it differs for every province within Canada and each US state).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:54 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Looking at this one, the option for economy (domestic) shipping is still there for $6.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Ebay has again changed their policies. Now, to be a Top Rated Seller, you must offer one day express shipping for all your items. This is impractical for a lot of smaller sellers (the one day shipping definitely favors the larger conglomerate that can work around the clock with many employees).  However, to skirt the rule, you can basically charge whatever you want for one day shipping and still list the item as being "available" for one day shipping. So many sellers are using the one day shipping button yet listing ridiculous shipping prices, in hope you won't use the service but if you did they would be heavily compensated.

In most cases with insane one day or express shipping, you can check out the listing and there is often shipping listed at a more normal price for other methods (In this case, $6.29 for media mail).

Mike B.

The seller changed his listing, adding media mail, because I asked him if it was just a mistake or if he was running a shipping ripoff for suckers.

He thanked me and added the media mail option.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:48 pm 

Looks like a Holmes 2nd printing going in a couple of hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Dungeons-D ... 3cc69a309f

Item number:

Why do we always have to attack uphill?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:35 pm 

Mars wrote:
Badmike wrote:Ebay has again changed their policies. Now, to be a Top Rated Seller, you must offer one day express shipping for all your items.

I think you have misinterpreted the policy change.  The change is that you must list a 1 day handling time (not 1 day shipping time) and sellers must now enter the tracking number of the item into Ebay within the 1 day period after payment.  You are allowed to slip up a couple times but too many and you lose your Top Rated status (and Ebay fee discount).  Another part of the policy is that you have to also allow returns.

Neither of these really effect me as a small time seller who just creeps into Top Rated Powerseller status (a 20% discount of Ebay fees).  Since I print up shipping through Paypal the tracking is automatically inserted and I've never had a return (on Ebay or otherwise).  I wish Ebay would enforce more of these types of policies and automatically incorporate stuff like shipping time/price & handling fee into a set of autocomputed DSRs.  Over the last few months my shipping price DSR got hammered because I ship mainly from Canada to the US so the cost is high - I do not charge a handling fee and wasn't even charging the Ebay fee on shipping.  The only model I can really use is free shipping and incorporate a shipping fee into the product price (which is crap since it differs for every province within Canada and each US state).

You are correct, it's a one day handling time, which I am also not about to do (I don't want to shut off my store for periods like NTRPG con or vacation on the off chance someone is going to hammer my DSRs because I was out of town and didn't ship their item within 24 hrs).  

Foreign shippers do get screwed on shipping to the US, but most of the bad ratings I've had have been overseas buyers who take the Ebay statement of how long a package should reach them as gospel and leave feedback accordingly. I've had stuff sit in customs for three weeks and sometimes European buyers don't understand that shouldn't be part of the shipping/arrival times.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 am 

Badmike wrote:You are correct, it's a one day handling time, which I am also not about to do (I don't want to shut off my store for periods like NTRPG con or vacation on the off chance someone is going to hammer my DSRs because I was out of town and didn't ship their item within 24 hrs).

I think this policy change is really meant to reduce the number of people currently in "Top Rated Powerseller" status who get a discount on fees.  Sellers must now get that tracking number entered into Ebay within 1 day or they are in violation so sellers that may post 1 day handling but take 2 will lose  their status and fee discount.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm 

Mars wrote:
Badmike wrote:You are correct, it's a one day handling time, which I am also not about to do (I don't want to shut off my store for periods like NTRPG con or vacation on the off chance someone is going to hammer my DSRs because I was out of town and didn't ship their item within 24 hrs).

I think this policy change is really meant to reduce the number of people currently in "Top Rated Powerseller" status who get a discount on fees.  Sellers must now get that tracking number entered into Ebay within 1 day or they are in violation so sellers that may post 1 day handling but take 2 will lose  their status and fee discount.

Bingo.  And not like it's easy to get the discount anyway, but Ebay needs to shave a little off the top, so.....

Nearly every single change in Ebay's policies since Donawhore took over has been geared at knocking the small time mom and pop seller off ebay and giving the giant megacorporation more advantages in the marketplace.  He could die the bloodiest, most painful and hideous death known (flesh eating bacteria on his face?) and I'd applaud.  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111