Problem with Pacesetter Games and bbarsh.
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:40 pm 

I made a purchase for module TM1 on May 27. I have still yet to recieve it. I first contacted bbarsh about this 3 weeks after purchase and he informed they were not even mailed out yet. Some more time goes by still nothing. I contact bbarsh again, and am told that a bunch of modules were sent out by media mail. This was not supposed to happen.

Just over a week ago, I sent bbarsh a PM at Dragonsfoot, posted a message in his TM1 announcement thread and sent Pacesetter Games a message. I have yet to get a response form either 3 messages.

Thanks for listening.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:07 pm 

Module was sent on Tuesday. I am having trouble with my pacesetter yahoo mail account. Seems to be a conflict with my regular mail account. pm me here or email
[email protected]

Have not been at DF much lately. I didn't even notice I had a message there. My error on that.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:08 pm 

Bill,

Did you send mine out as well?  I haven't received the four SOP 1st printing copies of ADV1 & TM1 that I purchased in May.  I have sent emails to both of your email accounts and a PM, but have not heard a peep yet...

I have no problem waiting a bit, but it would be nice to receive some type of response when inquiring about the status of an order that has gone unfullfilled for a long time.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:45 am 

Hi,

have to admit, I am no longer buying Pacesetters stuff, because of the lack of any customer service.

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:28 am 

Same here, I bought the first module, paid via paypal. Waited, nothing, sent a chase up email. Got a reply and then nothing.
Still waiting for whoever is the go between in the UK to send it to me...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:29 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

have to admit, I am no longer buying Pacesetters stuff, because of the lack of any customer service.

Cheers,
Malc

I understand there were problems with the first UK mailing to you Malc. But every other purchase was sent out immediately. So if you are referring to the first mailing, no problem.
I don't want to discuss this on an open forum anyway. When I make a mistake, I admit it. But if you have contnuing issues, let me know via pm or email.
Thanks, Bill

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am 

dbartman wrote:Bill,

Did you send mine out as well?  I haven't received the four SOP 1st printing copies of ADV1 & TM1 that I purchased in May.  I have sent emails to both of your email accounts and a PM, but have not heard a peep yet...

I have no problem waiting a bit, but it would be nice to receive some type of response when inquiring about the status of an order that has gone unfullfilled for a long time.

I will get this sorted out tonight. I honestly thought this was taken care of.
Bill

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:31 am 

forkbeard wrote:Same here, I bought the first module, paid via paypal. Waited, nothing, sent a chase up email. Got a reply and then nothing.
Still waiting for whoever is the go between in the UK to send it to me...

Send me an email with your paypal email address. I have no idea who most people are via screen names. Use [email protected] to contact. Or shoot a pm via this site.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 am 

But dude, this is not the first time:

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5668

You should never leave your customers hanging...  :(

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:17 am 

This is not exactly surprising:

Feedback Profile

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:24 am 

as it followed the UK items being shipped.

viewtopic.php?t=9633&start=140

Now, I'm not out for bashing bbarsh ( :lol: ) but I would say that bb has a lot on his plate it seems with regards work etc and the PGS suffers as a result.

Perhaps the launching of so many mods in a short time didn't help with the time constraints etc, but having seen the delivery & customer service given by the burntwires on their item, PGS has seemed to be falling short a bit.

I guess overall, I don't mind waiting months for something to arrive when its a private small business venture, but I want to get a reply and more importantly the truth about shipping when I/or others ask...

Live and learn I guess... :?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:53 am 

I am still waiting for a set of pacesetter modules I paid for in FEBRUARY!  8O

I understand they are in the UK but may be incomplete.  Pacesetter's customer service is appalling.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:59 am 

It seems the bashing has elevated to full swing including pulling up my ebay account. Yes,  I had a problem about a year ago on ebay. The way the five star system works is that it takes a full year for any  low scores too go away. My ebay volume is extremely low and that means I can't increase scores - even after 11 months.

But I am not here to defend this fact. Have I made some terrible errors in shipping. Yes. I accept full responsibility for them. No excuses.

Ashmire probably hits the nail on the head. Too much with way too little time. Again, this is my error.

The UK shipping is a disaster. I never intended it to get out of hand. The whole reason I tried the combination mailing method was to save UK buyers cash on shipping. Paying $11 or so per module for shipping is crazy. But other than combining there is no other method. Again, I made mistakes and I own up to them.

I am working very hard to get them corrected. I expect that every issue will be resolved in a short time - Every item that needs to be shipped either went out Friday, yesterday or will go on Monday. I have just a couple things left to mail on Monday.

I can't go back and change the mess. I am sincerely sorry for the problems. I am in the process of making wholesale "adjustments" to my purchasing and mailing process. One of them is to change my website that gives me absolutely crap merchant support. I have to actually track every purchase through paypal - the yahoo small business system is useless - note that I have to set separate sales for every type of mailing. I then have to go into paypal to determine location of purchase. I thought I could make this work, but with my limited time to devote to this enterprise, it has turned into a mess. Too many mistakes and unhappy customers. And for the record, I have not just sent out items that were ordered - I have issued refunds and added extra products including the ordered items. I made errors and I am trying to correct them.

I will make sure every issue is resolved. The next release will not go out until I have fixed my shipping system. When it does, it will come with a pledge that if you do not have your module in your hands within seven days for domestic customers, it is free. International customers will receive the same type of pledge but location will dictate the duration.

Also, I have not really made the formal announcement yet, but you can alos purchase all of our modules through Noble Knight Games and recieve a discount off the retail price. Troll & Toad is also carrying out products. I am not mentioning this for any other reason that if you are concerned about my shipping, you can feel secure with them. But I will get my house in order and guarantee these errors will never happen again.

Respectfully,

Bill Barsh

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:48 am 

Bill,

Thanks for the response and the apology but what has been even more annoying than the delay in actually receiving them has been the lack of information or communication about my order.  I ordered these modules from you in February, I haven't received them, I don't know when i will receive them or where they are for certain and if I want to find out I have to come here to find out.  IMO that is simply unacceptable.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:43 am 

I won't add much to this, except to express disappointment. I send out what has to go out if it takes me all night. If I say I am going to do it, I do it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:49 pm 

All of my orders from Bill, be they Pacesetter-website or eBay, have been shipped without any significant delays.  I try to order early, and I don't do any of that combined or foreign shipping.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm 

Just to chime in with my experience, I have received four orders from PGS, three were prompt, the fourth just arrived - a bit delayed and well worth the wait.

Scanning thru the credits in TM1 the Lost Caravan, it occurs to me that PGS is pretty darn close to an Acaeum community project like those being dicussed in another thread, and I am pleased and glad to see so many of my on-line friends being a part of this.

I hope Pacesetter continues with more products and I'll continue ordering (and being patient when needed).  And I hope the OP will consider changing the title of this thread once his order has been sorted out.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 pm 

I finally received my copy of TM1 yesterday. Bill also included an extra module for free, and also said that my next purchase will be on the house. I said this was not necessary but he insisted.

All is good.

Cheers.

Next