Die Cast Games, Inc. releases TSR1-INSIDIOUS  AD&D adven
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:54 pm 

SOLD OUT as of August 12th!

Announcing the first old-school Dungeons & Dragons product from Die Cast Games, Inc. (a.k.a. the Burntwire Bros).  TSR1-INSIDIOUS is a low level AD&D adventure written by some guy named Devon Hibbs and illustrated by famed fantasy/D&D artist, Jeff Easley.  

-Top quality(you will see and feel).  Printed in the U.S.A. on an offset printing press, not a laser printer.

-32 pages on bright white 70# paper.

-"Loose" cover.  Thicker 12pt stock.  Exterior has excellent UV protective layer.  Inside has maps printed in blue.

-"Ready-to-Roll" with all the stats, info, and pregenerated characters you need to get gaming fast.

-New Monster, the "Arbora".

We wanted to make sure we had these in stock with plenty of shipping supplies before we made the full announcement.  The modules are bagged/boarded and will ship via 1st Class Mail in rigid photo mailers for protection.  International buyers if you have problems with shipping please contact me at [email protected] for a shipping quote/invoice.

For more info and to purchase go to:

http://www.diecastgamesinc.com

Thanks for your support,
Devon Hibbs
Die Cast Games, Inc.
diecastgamesinc.com

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Last edited by burntwire brothers on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:30 pm 

Looks really nice! :D  

Good luck on sales etc. Is it worth joining up with any other UK buyers for combined shipping? Or if anyone is buying a 'spare' copy... 8)  :lol:

However, from the TM1 thread
bbarsh wrote:Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 pm         Reply with quote Back to top
The answer lies in your post. Writing a book about AD&D or TSR is fine. Writing a module using their trademarked game system is not. It may sound like a thin line, but in the publishing business it is a super highway of law.

Here is another way to look at. You have a great idea for a car. So you design your car but you have no way to get a powertrain for it. So you copy the best GM powertrain and build your car. On the outside, you car looks nothing like any GM on the road, but its guts are 100% GM. Guess who is gonna get sued off the planet?

Or lets say you want to make an expansion of Monopoly. Go ahead and try it without permission from Monopoly. You are lawyer-bait.

Your post was not argumentative in the least. People inside the publishing world get confused about copyright and trademarks all the time.

I just note that this TSR1 series has AD&D referenced.  :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:53 pm 

All the best!!!!!!!!! I was a play tester on this module and it is as good as it gets.  An excellent way to begin a campaign or just for an evening of fun. Well thought out, and written so all you have to do is sit down and begin.  So what are you waiting for........Get Gaming  :D

Night falls on us all,  so be wary,  ye who should tread that Darkness..............

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:56 pm 

I can vouch for this one too!  Go buy several now!

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:57 pm 

Excellent work! The module and artwork look fantastic.

Module ordered. :)

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:04 pm 

Certainly looks hot!

Are they going to be available anywhere to buy at Gencon?? (hint!)

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:47 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Certainly looks hot!

Are they going to be available anywhere to buy at Gencon?? (hint!)

Cheers,
Malc

Why yes, glad you asked :D   They (or the 2nd printing if the first sells out fast) will be available at the awesome "House Atreides" booth(#2008). There you can also find rare MTG cards and buku out-of-print role-playing goodies.  With Goodman and Crazy Egor absent, it is the place to check out! :D

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:08 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:IN STOCK NOW AND READY TO SHIP!  FREE PDF WITH PURCHASE!

Announcing the first old-school Dungeons & Dragons product from Die Cast Games, Inc. (a.k.a. the Burntwire Bros).  TSR1-INSIDIOUS is a low level AD&D adventure written by some guy named Devon Hibbs and illustrated by famed fantasy/D&D artist, Jeff Easley.  

-Top quality(you will see and feel).  Printed in the U.S.A. on an offset printing press, not a laser printer.

-32 pages on bright white 70# paper.

-"Loose" cover.  Thicker 12pt stock.  Exterior has excellent UV protective layer.  Inside has maps printed in blue.

-"Ready-to-Roll" with all the stats, info, and pregenerated characters you need to get gaming fast.

-New Monster, the "Arbora".

We wanted to make sure we had these in stock with plenty of shipping supplies before we made the full announcement.  The modules are bagged/boarded and will ship via 1st Class Mail in rigid photo mailers for protection.  International buyers if you have problems with shipping please contact me at [email protected] for a shipping quote/invoice.

Acaeum members will receive a FREE PDF version of the module with the purchase of one or more hard copies!!

To receive the free PDF just add it to your cart and when checking out enter the code ACAEUM in capital letters in the coupon space.

For more info and to purchase go to:

http://www.diecastgamesinc.com

Thanks for your support,
Devon Hibbs
Die Cast Games, Inc.
diecastgamesinc.com

Damn, I ordered mine so quick I forgot to sign up for the free pdf offer.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:29 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:
Why yes, glad you asked :D   They (or the 2nd printing if the first sells out fast) will be available at the awesome "House Atreides" booth(#2008). There you can also find rare MTG cards and buku out-of-print role-playing goodies.  With Goodman and Crazy Egor absent, it is the place to check out! :D

Gosh, thats great!!

So if I go to Booth 2008 I would be able to get it signed by the author??

Thus making it double-important to call at the booth??

Cheers,
Malc

I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 pm 

Is it possible to buy the PDF without adding all the personal details to the website? Surely you just need a PayPal Payment?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 pm 

/grin

So what's up M?  Is your real name Jon or Lisa.... or even more interesting, lol.  Do tell.  hehe

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:23 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Is it possible to buy the PDF without adding all the personal details to the website? Surely you just need a PayPal Payment?

Hi Ian,
 Just contact me at [email protected] with your current email address and I will make it so :D

-Devon

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
Gosh, thats great!!

So if I go to Booth 2008 I would be able to get it signed by the author??

Thus making it double-important to call at the booth??

Cheers,
Malc

Yes, the author will be lurking there most of the time.  He will gladly defile (autograph) your copy.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:Looks really nice! :D  

Good luck on sales etc. Is it worth joining up with any other UK buyers for combined shipping? Or if anyone is buying a 'spare' copy... 8)  :lol:

However, from the TM1 thread

I just note that this TSR1 series has AD&D referenced.  :)

I am cool with the OGL v1.0 as far as I can ascertain.  They just don't want you ripping off other peoples OGL "Product Identity".  Kind of defeats the purpose of allowing people to print D&D items and not call them what they are  :D  

Feel fee to group up and contact me with your order at [email protected] and I can send you an invoice.   :D

-Devon

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:41 pm 

Then again if I get a cease and desist letter telling me to pulp these that would make the ones that already sold worth something right? :twisted:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 pm 

Woops, forgot to enter coupon code when ordering.  If you get a chance, please send a PDF to [email protected].

Thanks

"Do I have an opening bid for this shrewish copy of Tegel Manor?" -Frank M

Mark Jaeger

ICQ YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:04 pm 

yaya wrote:Woops, forgot to enter coupon code when ordering.  If you get a chance, please send a PDF to [email protected].

Thanks

On its way. :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:19 pm 

I feel like a bumbling person today...I did the same thing that Jason and Yaya did in forgetting the coupon code when going through the purchase.

Can you forward me a pdf as well?

Next