Acaeum Wiki
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 16123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 141516
Author


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 pm 
 

Put up four more issues of Adventure Gaming today:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:Adventure_Gaming

Still missing four issues. If anyone has spares PM me.

(I also put up The Kin-Strife today with a brief item description).

  


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Last Visit: Aug 13, 2012
Location: Atlanta

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:25 pm 
 

What are all the bleeding pages LOCKED !?!  I can't even update the articles I created.  :x

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 154
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 19, 2022
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:59 am 
 

DMF wrote:What are all the bleeding pages LOCKED !?!  I can't even update the articles I created.  :x


Looks like you found a bug.  There are two edit links on an article page (such as  http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Nystalux) and the one further down the page is broken.

I don't have a quick fix for this, so at the moment please use the other edit link (the one to the left of the history link).  Sorry for the inconvenience.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Last Visit: Aug 13, 2012
Location: Atlanta

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm 
 

Ah!  Okay.  I never use the Edit tab, but it does work.  Good luck with the fix.  And I hope I remember the solution next time...

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 pm 
 

Sorry. I had not noticed that either as I have only ever used the edit tab!!!

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:08 pm 
 

Howdy All,

I saw there was quite some interest in developing the CoC section of the Wiki. As a first step I will make a full product list blank gallery. That should map out what needs to be done. And then people can either jump in and build the pages or send scans and descriptions to me and I'll put them up ([email protected])

First question though. I see on the wikipedia entry there are many editions. Did the system substantially change at any point? I.e. could some of the supplements be said to belong to certain editions? This relates to how I lay out the galleries. I can give each of the licenced publishers (TOME, Pagan Publishing etc) their own gallery links, but I am not sure how to break down all the Chaosium items.

Edition List from Wikipedia:
Call of Cthulhu, 1st Edition (1981)
Call of Cthulhu Designer's Edition (1982)
Call of Cthulhu, 2nd Edition (1983)
Call of Cthulhu, 3rd Edition (1986)
Call of Cthulhu, 4th Edition (1989)
Call of Cthulhu, 5th Edition (1992)
Call of Cthulhu 5.5 (1998)
Call of Cthulhu 5.6 (2000)
Call of Cthulhu 20th anniversary edition (2001)
Call of Cthulhu Miskatonic University edition (2001)
Call of Cthulhu, 6th Edition (2004)
Call of Cthulhu 25th anniversary edition (2006)
Call of Cthulhu 30th anniversary edition (2011)

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2584
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 29, 2022
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:04 pm 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Did the system substantially change at any point? I.e. could some of the supplements be said to belong to certain editions?

Edition List from Wikipedia:
Call of Cthulhu, 1st Edition (1981)
Call of Cthulhu Designer's Edition (1982)
Call of Cthulhu, 2nd Edition (1983)
Call of Cthulhu, 3rd Edition (1986)
Call of Cthulhu, 4th Edition (1989)
Call of Cthulhu, 5th Edition (1992)
Call of Cthulhu 5.5 (1998)
Call of Cthulhu 5.6 (2000)
Call of Cthulhu 20th anniversary edition (2001)
Call of Cthulhu Miskatonic University edition (2001)
Call of Cthulhu, 6th Edition (2004)
Call of Cthulhu 25th anniversary edition (2006)
Call of Cthulhu 30th anniversary edition (2011)


No, not really.  No significant changes.  We could try to line up the supplements to an exact edition, but there is little point, IMHO.  Depending which side of the fence you're on, that lack of change is either a great strength or a great weakness.

And there are several more editions of the core rules to be added to that list:

1E has two printings
3E exists as both a box set and a hardcover
4E has two printings
after 5E, there is 5.1E, 5.1.1E, 5.1.2E, and 5.2E
5.1.1E also exists as a hardcover
there is a 5.6.1E hardcover
there are a few more limited versions of the 20th Anniv than just MULA
6E exists as both a softcover and a hardcover

And there's a fair chance I'm forgetting at least one.  :)


Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 154
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 19, 2022
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:41 pm 
 

DMF wrote:Ah!  Okay.  I never use the Edit tab, but it does work.  Good luck with the fix.  And I hope I remember the solution next time...


The fix, I think, is to just remove the broken edit link.  So it is now gone.

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 am 
 

TheHistorian wrote:
No, not really.  No significant changes.  We could try to line up the supplements to an exact edition, but there is little point, IMHO.  Depending which side of the fence you're on, that lack of change is either a great strength or a great weakness.

And there are several more editions of the core rules to be added to that list:

1E has two printings
3E exists as both a box set and a hardcover
4E has two printings
after 5E, there is 5.1E, 5.1.1E, 5.1.2E, and 5.2E
5.1.1E also exists as a hardcover
there is a 5.6.1E hardcover
there are a few more limited versions of the 20th Anniv than just MULA
6E exists as both a softcover and a hardcover

And there's a fair chance I'm forgetting at least one.  :)


Thanks! I'll have a go at putting up the galleries, then post again when I am done.  :)

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 am 
 

Hi All,

I am having major interent connection problems at my current location. Working on a fix, but may be largely absent for another week or so.

Happy New Year!

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 pm 
 

Hi All,

Just added most of the missing issues of Australian Realms to the wiki:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:Australian_Realms

Pages include detailed contents and a sortable index as we are able to do for all periodicals on the Wiki.

I am missing the final issue! If anyone has a number 30 they would like to part with let me know!

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:49 pm 
 

Hi All,

I just filled out and added missing items for the FASA Doctor Who section:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:Doctor_Who

I added the four missing items, added back cover scans, added short descriptions for all items, and expanded the 'about' page.

Any comments or suggestions, let me know.

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:30 pm 
 

Just a quick plug for the Wiki.

Just to remind old and new members that the Acaeum Wiki is a site that any Acaeum member can work on. If you are interested in a particular RPG game or a periodical, it provides a perfect canvas for you to develop a web resource for that item.

It would be great if someone, for example, wanted to help on the Gamma World pages:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:Gamma_World

We only have about 3 of 30 items up, but grubbiv's essay on artifact use charts has drawn many visitors and been linked to from other sites.

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Essay:Gamma ... Use_Charts

Some of the lines on the Wiki are well developed, others are a work in progress. Ours is now one of the best resources for 1st edition MERP for example and we have an auction tracker tool that allows anyone to load in and then monitor auction sales for any items.

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:MERP
http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Prices:MERP

Our periodicals template allows us to create full indexes which can be re-arranged alphabetically, by author or type of article allowing for quick scanning of multiple issues.

If anyone has ideas, suggestions or wants to work on the site let me know: [email protected]

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:23 pm 
 

I am not sure if I ever mentioned on the threads, but I was the one that got the 1st Edition Jorune from Amazon. That was a while ago and I just received it from my friend in the US who holds items for me (thanks lucyjoyce!). It is not in the best of condition as you can see from the scan, but it is great to have one. I also bought the 2nd edition pre-publication. I have now put these up on the wiki. Check it out! A complete Jorune editions page:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/SkyRealms_of_Jorune
http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:SkyRealms_of_Jorune

Now if only I had a Sarceen's Knowledge ....

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 260
Joined: Feb 25, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 10, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:01 am 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Just a quick plug for the Wiki.

Just to remind old and new members that the Acaeum Wiki is a site that any Acaeum member can work on. If you are interested in a particular RPG game or a periodical, it provides a perfect canvas for you to develop a web resource for that item.

It would be great if someone, for example, wanted to help on the Gamma World pages:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:Gamma_World

We only have about 3 of 30 items up, but grubbiv's essay on artifact use charts has drawn many visitors and been linked to from other sites.

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Essay:Gamma ... Use_Charts

Some of the lines on the Wiki are well developed, others are a work in progress. Ours is now one of the best resources for 1st edition MERP for example and we have an auction tracker tool that allows anyone to load in and then monitor auction sales for any items.

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Gallery:MERP
http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Prices:MERP

Our periodicals template allows us to create full indexes which can be re-arranged alphabetically, by author or type of article allowing for quick scanning of multiple issues.

If anyone has ideas, suggestions or wants to work on the site let me know: [email protected]


Oh, nice! I'll have to dig through my archives, I think I have the 1st ed poster map, and a near complete set of the 2nd edition materials, to provide scans.


Chris

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2057
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Dec 06, 2022
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:53 am 
 

Busman wrote:
Oh, nice! I'll have to dig through my archives, I think I have the 1st ed poster map, and a near complete set of the 2nd edition materials, to provide scans.


That would be great if you can help. I'll be travelling for the next few days, but should be back online by Monday evening.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2022
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm 
 

I am trying to get back to adding stuff to the Acaeum Wiki, and want opinions.  Would the White Wolf Quarterly / Sword & Sorcery Insider be considered a periodical?  Or just a glossy and well-produced advertisement?


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3823
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Dec 17, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 pm 
 

lucyjoyce wrote:I am trying to get back to adding stuff to the Acaeum Wiki, and want opinions.  Would the White Wolf Quarterly / Sword & Sorcery Insider be considered a periodical?  Or just a glossy and well-produced advertisement?


If it is dated or sequential I'd list it as a periodical.


"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 16123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 141516