Acaeum Wiki
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:33 am 

Welcome Ector and thanks for jumping in. The items you've put up so far look great!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:16 pm 

Thanks! Ghostbusters has been a favorite of mine for a long time. The only thing I don't have to scan is a GBI box, as mine disappeared/disintegrated some time ago.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 am 

Just letting everyone know I will be away from this Saturday until the 15th November in Myanmar. Not sure if I'll be able to address many requests over the next two weeks as my email access will be limited. Any urgent matters PM grubbiv.

EDIT: Howdy all. Just got back (Tues 17 Nov). I was unable to access the Acaeum while away, so I apologise for the messages I haven't answered ... getting on to them now.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:42 pm 

A quick note to all users.

I understand that we have just upgraded from php4 to php5. This has caused a range of scripting errors on the wiki. It may take a fair amount of time to correct / upgrade all the scripting to the new version - so please bear with us!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:43 pm 

I'm going away on Monday, so just wishing all the Acaeum wiki contributors a

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

An update: for the first time since the project was started it is currently being overhauled. The Acaeum server was recently updated to php5 and grubbiv, the mastermind and chief architect of the site design is currently working on upgrading the wiki software to match. It is quite a task, but once done the site should better than ever.

There are big plans for the coming year, with hundreds more items ready to put up. The wiki as many of you know incorporates grubbiv's Auction tracker, so we can easily monitor auctions and the value of items. Any Acaeum member can jump in and monitor the value of any RPG line they wish - and I hope to rope more members into this in the new year.

Enjoy the festive season everyone!   Cheers, Jeremy

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:09 am 

Did you delete your post Gnat or am I going crazy here. I thought I read a post from you here this morning and when I got round to a reply the post was gone!!!

Anyway an update:

Grubbiv and I were discussing a wiki fix last year. We need to actually upgrade the version of mediawiki we are using to be compatible with the shift to php5. Grubbiv has been the technical guru behind the wiki, so was going to do this, but I have had no communication with him since late last year.

I can probably do this myself, but not for a few months. I am (still!) frantically trying to finalise and get my thesis in by mid-April as I will be posted to Kabul at that time. Actually there is excellent broadband internet there. I will have the burden of the thesis off my mind and lots of evenings locked in where I haven't much to do. While I won't be able to put many more items on the wiki for the time I am there, I work on the fix and facilitate and edit contributions.

If there are any other computer / IT people out there that are interested and think they could help with this, and would like to be an administrator on the site, please PM me.

Unfortunately one of the elements that distinguishes the wiki is grubbiv's trademark Auction Tracker. This completely malfunctioned when the server was upgraded and requires some really major work from grubbiv. I do not know if he is just busy, something has happened or he has lost interest. But if I hear anything, I will let you know.

If I am not dreaming ... Gnat, thanks for your contributions, I will assist you and help you work on those item pages once the fix is done. Sorry for the delays!!!!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 am 

Yes, I did delete a post.
I have scans for (Flying Buffalo, Inc.) Tunnels and Trolls Box Sets that are not currently represented on the Wiki.

Limited Edition 30th Anniversary Box Set (Version 7.0 in a Tin Box Set)
Version 7.5 Box Set
Delver's Pack Box Set
There are 31 scans in all.
Scans include the box tops/bottoms and an image of each item inside the box sets (Other than the dice, which I did not scan).

The Delver's Pack and the Version 7.5 Box Set can still be found at FBI and at Fiery Dragon (Licensed by FBI to produce and sell T&T Products).
The 30th Anniversary Tin Box (by Fiery Dragon) was produced for the GENCON that year and only a few copies were sold outside that convention.
It is long OOP and very hard to find.

http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/delve.htm

Unfortunately (as you might recall) I need clear direction and help to load things and manage submissions so that it does not gum up the works.
I am NOT the computer genius you are looking for….;-)
However, if you recall from my last contributions, once I got a link to some very detailed instructions I was able to post some things and edit a little bit, and (I hope) kept your editing of my stuff to a minimum.
(Though I know someone had to come in later to clean up some of the things I did)
I do not know where those instructions are anymore and could not find them.
As I recall they were very detailed and quite helpful to computer programming challenged folks such as myself.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am 

I tried to add to the site, but failed miserably. Basically, I could not get past the first step of adding an item.
I was going to add some Top Secret stuff.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:30 pm 

I have moved my copies of Imagine on unfortunately, so I don't have scans for those but I do have GM Pubs copies 1-5. I think I may have contacted you about adding them in the past, so I know you included me for admin, so I'll get round to adding those.

Also, are boardgames (with GW/AD&D monster links) being added i.e Blood bowl?  :?   I know it's probably well covered on BGG, but I have some extensive knowledge and items for that, including the Skaven team and WD published Judge Dredd and Fatties team.

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:11 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:I have moved my copies of Imagine on unfortunately, so I don't have scans for those but I do have GM Pubs copies 1-5. I think I may have contacted you about adding them in the past, so I know you included me for admin, so I'll get round to adding those.

Also, are boardgames (with GW/AD&D monster links) being added i.e Blood bowl?  :?   I know it's probably well covered on BGG, but I have some extensive knowledge and items for that, including the Skaven team and WD published Judge Dredd and Fatties team.

Dave,
When you figure out how to load up, give me a hand!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:38 am 

bbarsh wrote:
Dave,
When you figure out how to load up, give me a hand!

Hoping to look at how to do it tonight Bill, had a few bad days, so not had time to wipe my arse (figureatively speaking! 8O )

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:45 am 

Thanks for all your interest and contributions. Once me PhD is in, this will be my primary project and I'll have heaps of time to help everyone. Just a few more weeks now.....

Sorry for the hiatus.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 am 

I've just finished uploading GMPubs 1, so let me know who it looks??

8)

EDIT - Ok, it looks like I have uploaded a blank page....  :x

Will try again tonight... :(

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:50 am 

ashmire13 wrote:I've just finished uploading GMPubs 1, so let me know who it looks??

8)

EDIT - Ok, it looks like I have uploaded a blank page....  :x

Will try again tonight... :(

Yes, it is tricky...
Good luck.

I will wait for HermitFromPluto to finish his PhD requirements. I do not mind though, the scans and pictures will still be here (hopefully).
And if not I can make more of them easily enough.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:58 pm 

Ok, page is done, but when I 'Save page' or 'Show Preview' it just gives me a blank page.  :?

I've got the info saved separately now so I won't have to re-type it, but I can't get it to upload to the Wiki! :(

Any help?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:35 pm 

Hi Ashmire,

After the server upgrade, the wiki has many glitches and bugs.

We are going to fix this by upgrading the version of MediaWiki we are using and this may require extensive manual work formatting pages.

I'll put a notice on the front page, but I think for the time being, perhaps if everyone could hold off on new contributions.

I will work on a fix, but it will not be for another two couple of weeks as I am right at the end of my thesis work.

Sorry! :oops: If you can bear with me for just a few more weeks, I'll try to get it all working again!!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:33 pm 

No worries, glad I haven't broken anything!  :lol:
I'll save the layout and info to a Word doc for the time being and try and do the other 4 mags whilst its being sorted.  :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 pm 

The wiki and the auction tracker are now working.  Thanks are due to FoulFoot for making a few necessary configuration changes to the server.

The index of articles in Dragon magazines is now a static page.  What that means is that as new magazines are added, their articles will not appear in the index.  At least not until the index is manually updated.   Due to the large size of the index (300+ magazines and 3000+ articles) it is no longer feasible to recompute it on the fly.

PreviousNext