Acaeum Wiki
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Thanks. I was wondering how I missed that, but I had been searching by author and the authors and dungeons are not linked properly for those issues. Thanks!  :)

Sorry boss; that was your newbie editor.  Please don't fire me.  

I hate to keep rehashing the same things but just want to try once more with the {{CL| vs. {{L| conundrum.  It appears that a person (author, editor, artist, whatever) should always be {{CL|.  With respect to periodicals, the publication year and the company (TSR, WotC, Paizo) appear to also be using {{CL|.

As it relates to Dungeon magazine specifically, one of the few things using {{L| would seem to be any world specific settings.  From my original example {{L|Ravenloft}}.  Granted, we have to draw lines, but if you pull up the Ravenloft Category page, would it not be of value to have Dungeon adventures relating to the setting display?

The only other thing that appears to have just the {{L| appears to be the edition.  For example |{{L|Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition|D&D 3E}}.  Would it make sense to have every link be a Category link as far as the periodicals go?  Or do you want to specifically exclude setting information and edition information from Category pages as they relate to periodicals?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:31 pm 

Avurax wrote:As it relates to Dungeon magazine specifically, one of the few things using {{L| would seem to be any world specific settings.  From my original example {{L|Ravenloft}}.  Granted, we have to draw lines, but if you pull up the Ravenloft Category page, would it not be of value to have Dungeon adventures relating to the setting display?

The only other thing that appears to have just the {{L| appears to be the edition.  For example |{{L|Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition|D&D 3E}}.  Would it make sense to have every link be a Category link as far as the periodicals go?  Or do you want to specifically exclude setting information and edition information from Category pages as they relate to periodicals?

Those are good points. I have actually thought about that. I guess originally we did not want to clutter up the settings pages, but it would be possible to format the setting category pages to dissociate the accessories / sets / modules from articles in periodicals.

I think {{L|Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition|D&D 3E}} should stay as a link only as that is a very large generic category and may get overwhelming with all the periodical links, but it may be worthwhile using CL in periodicals to link to settings.

This is a group effort, so what do others think about this? i.e. linking all the setting-related articles in periodicals so they appear on the setting page? That means if you click on say, the Ravenloft page, all the Dungeon articles related to Ravenloft will show up as well.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:18 pm 

It would be way cool, but should appear AFTER the listing of all the stuff released as setting-specific material. (At the bottom, or as a link to click on.)

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:56 pm 

My question is this: on the "Template: Printing" (http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Template:Printing), I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the template to allow a third and possible fourth thumbnail image?  Dungeon at some point began printing their indexes on two pages instead of just one.  Plus several Dungeons have inserts we are adding.  A good example is Dungeon 150 (http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Dungeon_150).

Hello Avurax,

you can use the Printing4 template (instead of the Printing template) to add more images to the printing block.  It has the following additional named parameters:

image3
image3_name
image4
image4_name
image_size

See Labyrinth for an example of use.  If there are more than 2 images, consider adjusting the image size down from the default 160.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:53 am 

Hi everyone,

I am going to be out of internet contact for five days from Thursday 9 July until Tuesday 14 July. Any urgent technical questions or editor status requests , please forward to grubbiv during this period.

I have recently, worked on the AD&D 2nd edition page. I have been thinking about ways to meld it with the Acaeum main site, so that we are able to quickly link visitors to the relevant product page for all relevant 1st and 2nd edition items:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:Ad ... nd_Edition

Obviously there are a lot of products yet to put on - you can navigate through the galleries and see what is missing. Feel free to add items. Comments on the navigability and format of the page are most welcome.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:53 am 

HermitFromPluto,

You're not going out into the Outback are you?  Everything out there wants to kill you.  8O

Martin

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 am 

:)  No just to a nearby cabin. I have to get away from the internet as it is my greatest distraction. Mind you just about everywhere is Outback in Australia:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5647820

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:57 am 

Yeah, that does it.  One of the world's most dangerous snakes in downtown.  I do not understand how anyone can live a long life in Australia.  Something is going to kill you some day.

Martin

Edited for spelling

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:05 am 

Back again - and its allllllllmost done!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:25 pm 

I've posted this direct to the Acaeum pages as well, but I didn't realise there was a forum here also... Anywho,

I have all 5 GM Publications magazines (that ran in the UK after the
collapse of Imagine)

I've also got several Adventurer mags and a few of the missing Polyhedron mags from the low 100s, if thats any interest.

Would you like those detailed and put up? I can take pictures of the front covers and then add the contents if thats the sort of thing needed?

edit - now I realise I've posted here twice, thinking I was posting in a forum on the wiki pages itself... D'oh!  :oops:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:44 pm 

Yeah go for it. Start with the Polyhedrons as the template can easily be copied and then I'll help you set up for Adventurer and GM.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 am 

First: excellent job, everyone. I really hope to be able to spend more time with the Wiki later this year when work isn't balls-to-the-wall insane.

Second: a think I've spotted a minor hiccup:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Category:The_Space_Gamer

All issues are listed under "S" ... except that #3 insists on being listed under "T." Damn radical!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 pm 

Thanks Xaxaxe! And problem fixed - Space Gamer # 3 has been assimilated!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:05 am 

Explain to me how I make contributions...?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:16 am 

Howdy FormCritic,

Just make an account on the Wiki - usually the same name and password as you use here. I can then give you editor status and you will then be able to hit the edit tab on any page to modify it or create new pages.

There is a help page on the wiki that gives the basics and I can send you some basic tips on editing as well.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:24 am 

Hello all -

Just wanted to make a short post to introduce myself and thank Hermit for letting me join the wiki project. I don't have a large collection, but I do have some uncommon, non-TSR, items that I'm planning to add like the Ghostbusters and Price of Freedom games from West End and I've recently gotten several of the FASA Star Trek items also.

As far as TSR items go, I've got quite a few of modules & boxed sets in the Marvel Super Heroes line and I just got a first edition of Knights of Camelot at the GenCon auction that I will be sure to scan and put up.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:33 am 

Welcome Ector and thanks for jumping in. The items you've put up so far look great!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:16 pm 

Thanks! Ghostbusters has been a favorite of mine for a long time. The only thing I don't have to scan is a GBI box, as mine disappeared/disintegrated some time ago.

PreviousNext