How about...
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:38 am 

Hello all, being in the software industry, I was thinking maybe a place where we could keep home grown D&D utilities.  Everyone out there seems to have one, however professionally done ones (or ones that are done well) are very difficult to find.  I am currently writing a Core Rules 1st Edition software suite which would quite frankly blow the doors off of what WOTC puts out now.  It could possibly be open source as well.  (I am finding it a very large undertaking).

Any thoughts, suggestions, are welcome.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:02 pm 

I'm not a coder/programmer, but I'd be happy to help assist with developing a taxonomy, UI/GUI critiques for usability, etc.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:25 pm 

Thanks Allan.  That would be great.  I think I am about 2-3 months from a beta.  But I could possibly get you something sooner than that if you are interested. The first release of the suite would be a character generator.  Right now it would entail only classes\rules governing the 1st edition core AD&D rules with the ability to include the Unearthed Arcana and Oriental Adventures.  I am tossing around including OD&D, Basic rules stuff, but currently that is on the shelf.  Later on, depending on demand, I would like to add the classes found dispersed in Dragon Magazine (up to the 2nd edition issues)

-Len

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:54 pm 

Len, any update on your software project?  Are you still interested in doing something along the lines of an FTP / download library?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 pm 

Bump

Any updates on this project?

I have ALOT of Core Rules & Expansion data add-ons. Would people be interested in a subweb for the Core Rules that would include known patches, add-ons and Official D&D material from sources like Dragon and Dungeon magazine? I would like to consollidate it all into one area now that Fantaseum does not support CR2.0.

Any thoughts?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:00 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Bump

Any updates on this project?

I have ALOT of Core Rules & Expansion data add-ons. Would people be interested in a subweb for the Core Rules that would include known patches, add-ons and Official D&D material from sources like Dragon and Dungeon magazine? I would like to consollidate it all into one area now that Fantaseum does not support CR2.0.

Any thoughts?

I would Kosh...I use the core rules program almost daily.  If you have a list I'd love to see it. A subweb for posting them would be great.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:07 am 

Badmike wrote:
I would Kosh...I use the core rules program almost daily.  If you have a list I'd love to see it. A subweb for posting them would be great.

Mike B.

Hey Mike

Right now I am going through and correcting/editing everything that I have. I am concentrating only on TSR produced material for this project. Just finished the NWP from ALL of the books listed with the CR2E, next I will start pulling from GH, FR, OA and Unearthed.

I have a ton of equipment to go through as well as magic items and kits.... well you know how much it can be.

I WILL NOT be using the ToVK or the Netbooks........not yet anyway.

Shame about Fantasium....they had a huge amount of material there.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm 

I think this would be a great topic for a sub-web.  Now that Fantaseum is gone, where else is there to pick up the xpt/xpx files?  I can't find another good site that has a wide selection.

I am sorry I threw away the scads of zip disks that I had loaded with additional content.  Now that my son is getting into the game, we are using Core Rules all the time.  

If I could help or support your efforts in any way, please let me know.

Andy

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:19 am 

at the risk of resurrecting an old thread, did this ever reach fruition and did I miss it?

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:at the risk of resurrecting an old thread, did this ever reach fruition and did I miss it?

This winter has kept me working so much that I have not had a chance to work on it. This summer though should allow for some time to get my data in order. I just need to get the Software to make the subweb. Anyone have a free copy?  8)