Personal Collection Database
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:30 pm 

I had an idea I wanted to pass by you folks to see what you thought about it.

I was thinking it would be interesting from a data collection and trading point of view to have a section of this web site where you enter a list of your entire collection along with the conditions of your various aquisitions. That way you could easily find out who has what, and you could complie some interesting data with regard to commonality and condition of items.

Sure you could just make a post here in the forums, but I was thinking more along the lines of something hardwired into the web page. I can see maybe little boxes next to each item, where you could click which quality of the item you have and so on.

In search of the unknown...

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:52 pm 

Uhm, I don't want to presume too much, but that's exactly what I said I'm working on right yesterday...

*points*

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3974

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:31 pm 

^^^ :)

Yep, sounds pretty similar to me. "Great minds think alike," you think? :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:50 pm 

Oh great! Sorry I did not see that, congrats on your work at it so far.  :P

Be sure to post a link or something when you have it done, I'd be happy to upload my collection data. Looks like you are doing it, but my only reccomendation thus far then is please make it as user-friendly as possible (ie have all materials loaded into the database already so all a person needs to do is point and click rather than type in the names and conditions of their collection). That way more people will feel interested in using it.

In search of the unknown...

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:18 pm 

Well, of course a user-friendliness is one of the priorities I have in making that site. Now that FoulFoot has given me authorization to use the images on the Acaeum site, I will enter some data, mainly for having some collection items to manage, and then I will search a few testers. If I have done something which appears complicated, then some feedback will help solve that.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:26 pm 

I'll wait to see how this all looks, but it sounds interesting.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:59 pm 

great idea.

I've said more in the other thread

viewtopic.php?t=3974

Gary H. Kramer

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:16 am 

humm, it seems that I'm doing something like this for 5 years now...

http://dndcollection.free.fr/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:56 pm 

Current Inventory

I think Google made a change and you now have to log in to access groups.

And, yes, the collection is rather unimpressive, compared to most here. But, I think its not too bad, given I've only really been (hardcore) collecting (not just playing) for two, maybe three, years. I'll catch up...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:37 pm 

And, yes, the collection is rather unimpressive, compared to most here. But, I think its not too bad, given I've only really been (hardcore) collecting (not just playing) for two, maybe three, years. I'll catch up

Only just seen this....seems a good idea.  serleran, out of interest what are you aiming for with your collection.  Any objectives or targets?  I'm just trying to get the best TSR 1st ed set I can find plus miminal extras.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:19 pm 

Funny I just stumbled across this.

I trying to catalog my TSR collection (i.e. every product by TSR from 1974 - 1983 early printings in vg condition)

I need to do this for insurance... I might just use Excel.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 pm 

serleran, out of interest what are you aiming for with your collection.  Any objectives or targets?

Yep, I have some objectives. I want to have a traveling museum, the kind of stuff that is interesting or historically important, so people who have no idea about any of this stuff can at least see it, for real. I plan on taking it around to conventions and the like, not to flaunt but to say "hey, this is the story of our hobby." Naturally, this means some very expensive stuff. I also like RPGs in general and would like to have as many of them as I can. Beside that, I want to complete certain collections (Shadowrun, Warhammer Fantasy Role Play, Talislanta, and some others) for my own gaming enjoyment.

Of course, now that little inventory thing I posted before is far out of date.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:05 pm 

TheMilford wrote:Funny I just stumbled across this.

I trying to catalog my TSR collection (i.e. every product by TSR from 1974 - 1983 early printings in vg condition)

I need to do this for insurance... I might just use Excel.

That is what I use for all my game collecting inventory. Works nice.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:46 pm 

Hello,

I was webmaster of the (old) dndcollection website, which allows you to keep track of modules/items you have.
The site had to change, so here is the new version : http://dndcollection.azurewebsites.net
First access to the site can take some time, but then it should be faster.

I currently work on a feature to allow users to add modules or prints if they are not on the web site.

Hope it can help those who want to track their collection.

Tell me if you have any idea to improve the site or if something could change your life and make you use it :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:54 pm 

Arnaud,

Thanks for the site! I did manage to get registered but an English version would certainly be helpful.  :P

I did manage to figure out to first search for a module and then click one of the icons to the lower right of it to get it added to my collection. It would be helpful to have an indicator to what each icon actually stands for. However, when I did look at my collection, the module showed on the list.

- Craig

Carpe DM!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:30 pm 

Craig,

Thank you for trying the site
You are right, English is certainly more common.
I did translate most of the pages today, it should be easier to use.

The explanation of each icon is in the help section. I didn't find usefull to add the explanation on every page (I believe it will just be helpful for the first time), but I'll change it if I have several complains about it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm 

I've just added a new functionality to display modules available on some websites.
On each module details page, there is a list of resellers, condition, price and a link to the product. (you can try it here dndcollection.azurewebsites.net/Modules ... etails/437

I will add resellers, there is a list on The Acaeum. (but it seems that several links are dead on this list: https://www.acaeum.com/links/resellers.html)

Tell me if you want any reseller to be added.