TSR Miscellany
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:01 pm 

I have vintage Boot Hill booklet, seems to be in very good condition. I believe that it may be 1st ed, 1st printing. Some light staple rust. It has the old Tactical Studies Rules GK logo.

How can I tell if it is first printing? I don't see a printing number in the front.

I have a loose map, like the ones pictured above. The map is undamaged and was not stapled anywhere into the book. The booklet also has a fold out reference sheet page that appears to be perforated (Brawling Chart/Weapons Chart, etc). That is present, and stilll attached.

There is an owner label in the front inside cover over the illustration.

Any thoughts on value?

I also have a later Boot Hill boxed set (wizard TSR logo, c1979). Box is in awful condition (crushed, ripped, you name it). There is a map, instructions (heavy staple rust, some pencil writing within), board of perforated markers (unused), a baggie with a pink and a white 20 sided dice, 2 modules: BH1 (c1981) and BH2 (c1982).

Any thoughts on value for this?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:21 am 

If you have the map as a separate sheet then chances are you have a 1st print of Boot Hill.  Here's what it looks like:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3526

The second print is the same digest type book but with different cover art.

I would say with the map, it would be in the $75 or so range - a lot of copies sell well without the map.

The box set in beat up condition with staple rust and writing probably has very little value but BH1 and BH2 would have some value if in good shape.  Maybe $20 for the lot.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:33 am 

Yes, that's the one! Thanks for the info and the image! I'm also pleased because what I thought was a scribble on the cover is actually tumbleweed in the illustration. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:20 am 

gembala wrote:Yes, that's the one! Thanks for the info and the image! I'm also pleased because what I thought was a scribble on the cover is actually tumbleweed in the illustration. :)

If you are going to list it for sale, make sure to promote that the map is present and describe what it is.  A lot of buyers don't know that it should/could be there.  I don't know (or have forgotten) if there was a conclusive statement to say it was included with all copies or if the error was found after a number of copies had been distributed and sold.

Previous