JG Maps Guildmaster Copies
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 am 

So with the recent focus on maps in the JG subweb I thought now might be a good time to ask for some speculation on what the following set might snag in an open auction.

Bill Owen's personal map copies of the Wilderlands as listed here at the very top:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/MoreFineProducts.html

These were purchased just as everyone was starting to clue in that Bill Owen was unloading reams of stuff on Ebay.  I've always wondered if I got these cheap or if they would fetch more now that they are listed on Acaeum as a unique and because of their connection to Bill.  Bill has also stated that he snagged these maps as they came of the press ...I assume most of these are first prints though I have not actually confirmed that through inspection.  They are also laminated to throw a spanner into the valuation.  A few Judges maps also have the coastlines carefully outlined by Bill in blue highlight, though in most cases there is also a separate clean map as well.

Thanks!

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:25 pm 

I assume less, due in part to the economy.  But then maybe the prestige and the fact laminated could help make you break even if sold.

Though looking at that page again I think I've not saved any of his auctions after the last one, or at least I could have sworn he has sold more stuff since then.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 pm 

The other unique auctions I remember from that time (and speaking of maps again) are the hand drawn maps from Bob, some of them done in the toasty style.  There was a really nice one that came up early on and I regret now not snagging it as it was totally affordable. :(  Those and that coffee stained Greyhawk that Bombadil won.  That coffee came directly from Bob's cup, talk about a historic JG piece!  Didn't Bombadil just recently sell that?

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre