Stormbringer, Chaosium 2006-X
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 am 

I'm assuming it's a first edition, and if so, what is it worth?

It's got the rulebook, map, a page of ready-to-cut-up counters, a lot of character sheets, and the postcard you mail back in to Chaosium.

It was one of the items I picked up at the Games Plus Spring Auction. I'll list the rest in a bit...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:31 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote:1981

I'm assuming it's a first edition, and if so, what is it worth?

It's got the rulebook, map, a page of ready-to-cut-up counters, a lot of character sheets, and the postcard you mail back in to Chaosium.

It was one of the items I picked up at the Games Plus Spring Auction. I'll list the rest in a bit...

We had a good discussion about the various Stormbringer printings and editions here:

viewtopic.php?t=7329&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=stormbringer&start=0

From what I remember,  a first print 1st edition Stormbringer should have one red 144 page rulebook, a brown map, the extras you noted, and a two inch deep box.  Page four of the thread explains the correct errata for  first print rulebook (Mars has the 1st print in the thread discussion).  

The prices, from what I've casually observed over the last year or so,  have stayed around $20-30.00.

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:58 am 

Nice link.

Indeed, it's the deep box 1st Edition.

And it's around what I paid for it...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord