D&D 4e Player's Handbook 2 with factory errors
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:44 am 

I heard that there may be a few of these out there, but wanted to post images here for others to see what I'm talking about. Although I considered it damaged from the factory, I was wondering if this book would have any added value or devalue due to multiple factory paper errors used in the printing of the manual.

The cover of 4th Edition D&D Player's Handbook 2 looks normal, was shrink-wrap when I bought it so no way to tell it was like this till I got home with the book.

The lines you see remind me of tape. but not sure why they would be on the printing area of the paper used.

Also, on the backside of where the tape appears, you have these markings where the ink didn't take very well.

Since I need this book for gaming, I'm planning on just getting another book, but wanted to see what others here thought. It came from the factory like this brand new.

Last edited by LordJR on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:52 am 

The book actually would be valued at less than cover for this. Assuming of course d20 Vista books were actually collectible. :roll:

This thing qualifies for the title "spoiled after printing" and is not an error. A true error would be the 2d print alpha DMG, with its Monster Manual signatures.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 am 

LordJR wrote:factory, I was wondering if this book would have any added value or devalue due to multiple factory paper errors used in the printing of the manual.

This book currently has zero collectible value as it's still in print and widely available, and there's no added value without demand.  My suspicions are that it is one of those titles that will never be valued higher than cover price, but it's impossible to divine what it might be worth 30,40,50 years from now.

The defects certainly do not add to the non-collectible value of the book.  Personally, I'd try to get a replacement from wherever it was sold.

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:20 am 

Thanks for your advice. I contacted WotC and they are going to replace it as soon as I send it in.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 am 

LordJR wrote:Thanks for your advice. I contacted WotC and they are going to replace it as soon as I send it in.

Where did you buy the book from?  If it was from Amazon or someplace similar, they would probably just ship you another copy for free (without having to return the original).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:28 pm 

It was a gift, so I have no idea where it was from. Maybe a local game store?