Castles & Crusades White Box
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:44 am 

Speaking of the Spartan 300s....anyone got one they might want to be liberated from?  :D

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 am 

Traveller wrote:Read my post again. Spartan 300s didn't come shrinkwrapped. I said nothing about unsigned copies.

Yeah... I got that the first time.  :wink: 8)

I posted that last message because NONE of the Sets were SWed early on.
The first two Sets I purchased years ago did NOT come shrink wrapped and they are unsigned sets.

I was simply informing the forum membership that they now come in Shrink...
So, Go get yours now, before they run out.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:before they run out.

Are the standard sets OOP?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Are the standard sets OOP?

The 300 Spartans were OOP ages ago, but....

This is a scan of the top of the White Box Set I just ordered last week.

Shipping cost was $10 and it arrived in a large sized Priority USPS Box.
In hind sight, I should have ordered two sets as they would have fit inside the one large box together.

This set has the same Item Code of TLG 8000 that my other Box Sets had.

As to your question, I am quite sure that the Box Sets are indeed OOP (Out of Print)  in that no more of those White Box Sets are being printed by TLG.

BUT; as of last week, the standard C&C White Box sets were not OOS (Out of Stock).
I have no idea how many sets are left either.

They will never be as valuable as say an OD&D OCE White Box Set, but I do think they will have some collectable value in the future.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Yeah... I got that the first time.  :wink: 8)

I posted that last message because NONE of the Sets were SWed early on.
The first two Sets I purchased years ago did NOT come shrink wrapped and they are unsigned sets.

I was simply informing the forum membership that they now come in Shrink...
So, Go get yours now, before they run out.

Sorry about that. Thought you were being contradictory instead of informative. :(

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 am 

Regurgitating this thread, but I have two copies of the C&C Collectors Edition white box. The first is a fully printed white box with greenish print. This copy has printing on the sides of the box cover.

The second has the same image and color of the first but it is a decal attached to a white box. The edges of the cover have nothing. I bought it used but it only has three books inside. I'm not sure of the full, original contents.

Can someone enlighten me on the printing differences of these? Neither is signed in any way so I'm ruling out one of the 300.

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:37 am 

cdenham wrote in Castles & Crusades White Box:Regurgitating this thread, but I have two copies of the C&C Collectors Edition white box. The first is a fully printed white box with greenish print. This copy has printing on the sides of the box cover.

The second has the same image and color of the first but it is a decal attached to a white box. The edges of the cover have nothing. I bought it used but it only has three books inside. I'm not sure of the full, original contents.

Can someone enlighten me on the printing differences of these? Neither is signed in any way so I'm ruling out one of the 300.

No offense intended: are you sure the box is original? It might have been bought as "plain" and then prepare with one only sticker if i understand correctly...

I have the edition signed and numbered (300 copies) and it is like any other box outside...  Signatures are even on the back of the top of the box!

Just to stay on the topic: i bought the black edition (10th anniversary) as well...  It d be signed and numbered as well but it is in shrink... Is there anyone who opened one of these and checked inside??

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:45 am 

aia wrote in Castles & Crusades White Box:No offense intended: are you sure the box is original? It might have been bought as "plain" and then prepare with one only sticker if i understand correctly...

I have the edition signed and numbered (300 copies) and it is like any other box outside...  Signatures are even on the back of the top of the box!

Just to stay on the topic: i bought the black edition (10th anniversary) as well...  It d be signed and numbered as well but it is in shrink... Is there anyone who opened one of these and checked inside??

You are correct. I can not be certain that it is an original print. That is why I am trying to find out more. The two boxes appear to be totally identical. Same size and manufacture.

I too bought one of the signed, special edition, black boxes but have never opened it to check for the signature. I don't believe there is any other way to tell these from the unsigned ones other than opening them.

Carpe DM!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:00 am 

Am i wrong or someone in the past was selling plain white boxes??

Previous