Fantasy Forest Collector's Set in original shrinkwrap
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:37 am 

This is the boxed set of the pick a path books TSR released in 1984. They're in pristine condition. Never opened. Never sullied by human hands. I've had it on my shelf for a while as a curio, but I think I'm about done with it.

I've looked around ye olde Internet, but nobody seems to have a good guesstimate on how much this is worth. There doesn't seem to be much chatter on the Acaeum either, so I thought I'd just ask.

An Amazon seller wants $75 for a used set. Is that crazy money? That seems like crazy money to me.

Any opinions on its value or general interest?

Jeff

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:43 am 

I am not sure what the going rate would be for something like this but it's a healthy bet that the ones on Amazon are overpriced.  Stuff like this usually is.  I doubt there are many people on the Acaeum that would be interested in something like this.  It's a little on the fringe of most people's collecting scope.  You might consider putting it up for sale in the classifieds here with a few pictures and see what happens.

Badmike may have sold one of these in recent history and may have a pretty good idea of their worth.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 am 

I am guessing that the box set includes #1-6?  The hard ones to find are 7-10.  The first books you can find cheap as dirt so I would guess that if you could get $25-$30 for the set you would be doing well.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:51 pm 

Yeah, it's #s 1-6. I didn't even know there were books past 6!  :o

Thanks for the opinions y'all. Looks like I found a buyer without even going to the classifieds section!