"JUDGE'S GUILD"   VERBOSH?
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Collector

Posts: 4
Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2010

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am 
 

Verbosh...? Anyone? 1979.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6077
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am 
 

I believe that this one is still easily available from various people new in shrink for about $5 too.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 pm 
 

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/IndexbyCode.html

I'll probably update the prices next weekend, but don't think they will change (or much) for that item.

1st print around $15, others around $6 near mint.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 23, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:http://www.acaeum.com/jg/IndexbyCode.html

I'll probably update the prices next weekend, but don't think they will change (or much) for that item.

1st print around $15, others around $6 near mint.

ShaneG.


One thing about Verbosh, you have to watch out for staple rust. Huge quantities were damaged this way in storage that I saw from several bulk dealers in JG material during the past 15 years.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 1969
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 28, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:00 pm 
 

A lot of the excess Judges Guild inventory suffered from staple rust.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:37 pm 
 

Verbosh is a fun read.

I got the priviledge of encountering it as a player.  There are lots of things to do, kooky mysteries, old-school bizarre events, gags, puns and all of the good stuff D&D used to be about.

It is hard to find a module that has more content in terms of hours of adventure, as well as various types of adventures:  Underwater, dungeon, tower, ruined city, in-town adventures, NPC's that are worth killing...it's all in there.

Just reading the shop descriptions and the names of the shop keepers can be a hoot.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3483
Joined: May 30, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: USA Georgia

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:53 pm 
 

FormCritic wrote:Verbosh is a fun read.

I got the priviledge of encountering it as a player.  There are lots of things to do, kooky mysteries, old-school bizarre events, gags, puns and all of the good stuff D&D used to be about.

It is hard to find a module that has more content in terms of hours of adventure, as well as various types of adventures:  Underwater, dungeon, tower, ruined city, in-town adventures, NPC's that are worth killing...it's all in there.

Just reading the shop descriptions and the names of the shop keepers can be a hoot.




And here's one for cheap:




** expired eBay auction **




:)


Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3424
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 am 
 

anyone got a copy in the UK, so I dont get killed by the shipping?  :D


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6355
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:52 pm 
 

Maybe. I'll need to go look.
But, you're best bet is Killjoy (he's not posted in a while) and his site AGSI (I think it's called). He brought a shed load of JG overstock into the UK back in 2005 and he's been selling it off and on ever since.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm 
 

ashmire13 wrote:anyone got a copy in the UK, so I dont get killed by the shipping?  :D


http://www.asgi.co.uk/index.php?cPath=30

The collecting begins :wink:

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:11 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
http://www.asgi.co.uk/index.php?cPath=30

The collecting begins :wink:

ShaneG.


I would have thought the same thing but I already looked through all of the Judges Guild items there and didnt see Verbosh.  Not to say that Al doesnt have some copies of Verbosh and just doesnt have them listed.


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3424
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:30 pm 
 

Where's Al when you need him?! I'm not going to the Kalahari to look...


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  


Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3424
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Wandering aimlessly on the 8th level down...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Maybe. I'll need to go look.


If you have, let me know and we can add it to the pile!  :wink:


Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1