Looking for Opinion Erol Otus Original Art, D&D books, e
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm 

One more item, I just ran across.....I have a autographed copy of "The Necromican" Erol, Paul and Matt. Not sure if one of these has come up for auction?

The rub is, that the cover has separated and fallen off and it is fairly worn.

any sense?

As for why? Well These things sit in my basement. My son doesn't appear to be heading towards being a nerd (rows for U.C.S.D.) and my daughters appear to not have the RPG gene...so seems like this stuff ought to be in the hands of someone who will appreciate it.
If it brings a little cash, well then perhaps I'll do something nice for the family. Have my eye on a pure bred newfoundland puppy, or something along those lines.

Now my singed limited edition Maurice Sendak Art, that I'm keeping :)

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:24 am 

TheDadGuy wrote:Now my singed limited edition Maurice Sendak Art, that I'm keeping :)

Nice.

If you're anything like me, though, I'd suggest retaining at least one of the Otus pieces, perhaps the one with the most memories associated with it. If only for a semi-yearly nostalgia trip :).

My guess is that the signatures in the Necromican and the detached cover probably cancel each other out, value-wise. These go for good money.

EDIT: p.s., my wife was a crewbie, too. Still rows occasionally for special events.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:41 pm 

Hello TheDadGuy:  I would like to email or talk to you, if you still are around.  We must have played in the same sessions with Erol and Paul, etc..   -Peter Montgomery.  Berkeley.   Let me know.  [email protected]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:54 pm 

I recently sold a Booty and Beasts for about $300.

--

Chris Korczak | www.rpgrpgrpg.com
IOBA (Independent Online Booksellers Association)
SNEAB (Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:04 pm 

Tharizdun wrote in Looking for Opinion Erol Otus Original Art, D&D books, e:I'd hang onto the art unless you have a compeling reason to unload and/or you have a large collection and buy and sell stuff regularly. You will probably miss it otherwise...

TheDadGuy:  Tharizdun means well but he is mentally ill. Please let us know when you are ready to sell the artwork.

Martin

Previous