Tekumel Swords & Glory vol 1 & 2
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Last Visit: Dec 16, 2019

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 pm 
 

I have an interesting collection of Empire of the Petal Throne items I am trying to price. I keep getting the sense that both the Gamescience volumes are very rare, in particular the 2nd box set volume. I haven't confirmed it but info seems to suggest that most of the 2nd volume box sets from GS were destroyed before distribution accounting for it almost never being seen. I'm curious to get confirmation and/or ideas on that and the general price range for a collection such as this which I am considering selling.

Sowrds & Glory, vol 1, Tekumel Source Book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is excellent with no damage, contents are mint.

Swords & Glory, vol 2, Tekumel Source book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is in near mint with no damage, contents are mint.

Empire of the Petal Throne itself, TSR 1975, excellent or beter condition, including no corer damage or split edges on the box and only very minor ware to the sprial bound book. All contents are complete. It's appears to be a 1st printing because there is no printing on the box bottom.

Legions of the Petal Throne

Swords & Glory, vol 1, Tekumel Source Book, stand alone book, 1987, Different Worlds

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2495
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 pm 
 

jcp wrote:Sowrds & Glory, vol 1, Tekumel Source Book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is excellent with no damage, contents are mint.

Swords & Glory, vol 2, Tekumel Source book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is in near mint with no damage, contents are mint.


These 2 ones have been listed twice and didn't sold recently for $49,90 so I guess that they will not sell for more than $50 together...


Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Last Visit: Dec 16, 2019

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm 
 

Thanks, do you know where they were listed for sale and if they were the Gamescience boxed editions?

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 118
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Last Visit: Oct 11, 2012
Location: Maine

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:13 pm 
 

jcp wrote:
Empire of the Petal Throne itself, TSR 1975, excellent or beter condition, including no corer damage or split edges on the box and only very minor ware to the sprial bound book. All contents are complete. It's appears to be a 1st printing because there is no printing on the box bottom.


An EOTPT went for $152 on ebay 2nd Dec.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:20 pm 
 

jcp wrote:Empire of the Petal Throne itself, TSR 1975, excellent or beter condition, including no corer damage or split edges on the box and only very minor ware to the sprial bound book. All contents are complete. It's appears to be a 1st printing because there is no printing on the box bottom.


I've got a few posts describing these printings on here, do a search if you have not already.
Lazy at the moment otherwise I would and link here :wink:

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 63
Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Last Visit: Dec 16, 2019

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 pm 
 

Thanks guys! :) I'm still trying to verify how "rare" the two Swords & Glory sets are, but I think I now have a handle on the printing for the main box set.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2495
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 am 
 

jcp wrote:Thanks, do you know where they were listed for sale and if they were the Gamescience boxed editions?


They were the GameScience boxed sets, listed on ebay (US only auction IIRC)


Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6075
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 19, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:40 pm 
 

jcp wrote:I'm still trying to verify how "rare" the two Swords & Glory sets are, but I think I now have a handle on the printing for the main box set.


"Rare" for Gamescience generally still means that a few hundred copies were printed.  Also, rare Gamescience items don't generally sell for much anyway.

Limited Tegal Manor copies can be had for under $40, the compilation/reprints of the Little Soldier books sell for under $25 while each original books still gets $40.  The rarest Gamescience book I have seen is the white cover Fantasy Gamer's Compendium which sold for under $10 (still have only seen 1 copy of this one).

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1698
Joined: Feb 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 23, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 pm 
 

is mine the one you've seen, or have you seen another one Mark?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 697
Joined: Nov 05, 2008
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:18 pm 
 

I have a white copy Revised and Expanded The Fantasy Gamer's Compenium with the original sticker of $10.  Gamescience and Origins '90 Collector's Edition.  Is it actually rare?


Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:18 pm 
 

Pipswich wrote:I have a white copy Revised and Expanded The Fantasy Gamer's Compenium with the original sticker of $10.  Gamescience and Origins '90 Collector's Edition.  Is it actually rare?


I dunno, but I wouldn't mind having one :).


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

** Banned **

Posts: 1213
Joined: Aug 04, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2013

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:20 pm 
 

BTW, I think I almost made a double-post there due to some overactive clicking, and I received a message saying that I couldn't post another message so soon. If that's an intentional bug fix, nice job FoulFoot.


Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6075
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 19, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 pm 
 

stratochamp wrote:is mine the one you've seen, or have you seen another one Mark?


I was thinking of the one that I bought.  It sounds like there are a few out there.  I didn't even know it existed until about a year and a half ago.  I think it is pretty rare or I probably would have noticed it sooner.  The colour cover versions show up frequently.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 pm 
 

Mars wrote:I was thinking of the one that I bought.  It sounds like there are a few out there.  I didn't even know it existed until about a year and a half ago.  I think it is pretty rare or I probably would have noticed it sooner.  The colour cover versions show up frequently.

Here was me thinking you were talking 'bout S&G.
Yes, the limited Tegel was down to around ~$40 thanks to stock clearing. Ltd. FGC as noted, but should've been more IMO.

S&G used to be $100-200 but has dropped to $50-100 more typically since the .pdfs started circulating. The most recent auction was around $60, I thought - within the past month or so - badly described, but the seller had other goodies which helped wave the appropriate flags. Don't have the precise # on hand as I placed a proxy bid on that and AIM isn't logging.


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1