Tekumel Swords & Glory vol 1 & 2
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 pm 

I have an interesting collection of Empire of the Petal Throne items I am trying to price. I keep getting the sense that both the Gamescience volumes are very rare, in particular the 2nd box set volume. I haven't confirmed it but info seems to suggest that most of the 2nd volume box sets from GS were destroyed before distribution accounting for it almost never being seen. I'm curious to get confirmation and/or ideas on that and the general price range for a collection such as this which I am considering selling.

Sowrds & Glory, vol 1, Tekumel Source Book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is excellent with no damage, contents are mint.

Swords & Glory, vol 2, Tekumel Source book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is in near mint with no damage, contents are mint.

Empire of the Petal Throne itself, TSR 1975, excellent or beter condition, including no corer damage or split edges on the box and only very minor ware to the sprial bound book. All contents are complete. It's appears to be a 1st printing because there is no printing on the box bottom.

Legions of the Petal Throne

Swords & Glory, vol 1, Tekumel Source Book, stand alone book, 1987, Different Worlds

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 pm 

jcp wrote:Sowrds & Glory, vol 1, Tekumel Source Book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is excellent with no damage, contents are mint.

Swords & Glory, vol 2, Tekumel Source book, box set, Gamescience, complete, box is in near mint with no damage, contents are mint.

These 2 ones have been listed twice and didn't sold recently for $49,90 so I guess that they will not sell for more than $50 together...

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm 

Thanks, do you know where they were listed for sale and if they were the Gamescience boxed editions?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:13 pm 

jcp wrote:
Empire of the Petal Throne itself, TSR 1975, excellent or beter condition, including no corer damage or split edges on the box and only very minor ware to the sprial bound book. All contents are complete. It's appears to be a 1st printing because there is no printing on the box bottom.

An EOTPT went for $152 on ebay 2nd Dec.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:20 pm 

jcp wrote:Empire of the Petal Throne itself, TSR 1975, excellent or beter condition, including no corer damage or split edges on the box and only very minor ware to the sprial bound book. All contents are complete. It's appears to be a 1st printing because there is no printing on the box bottom.

I've got a few posts describing these printings on here, do a search if you have not already.
Lazy at the moment otherwise I would and link here :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 pm 

Thanks guys! :) I'm still trying to verify how "rare" the two Swords & Glory sets are, but I think I now have a handle on the printing for the main box set.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 am 

jcp wrote:Thanks, do you know where they were listed for sale and if they were the Gamescience boxed editions?

They were the GameScience boxed sets, listed on ebay (US only auction IIRC)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:40 pm 

jcp wrote:I'm still trying to verify how "rare" the two Swords & Glory sets are, but I think I now have a handle on the printing for the main box set.

"Rare" for Gamescience generally still means that a few hundred copies were printed.  Also, rare Gamescience items don't generally sell for much anyway.

Limited Tegal Manor copies can be had for under $40, the compilation/reprints of the Little Soldier books sell for under $25 while each original books still gets $40.  The rarest Gamescience book I have seen is the white cover Fantasy Gamer's Compendium which sold for under $10 (still have only seen 1 copy of this one).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 pm 

is mine the one you've seen, or have you seen another one Mark?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:18 pm 

I have a white copy Revised and Expanded The Fantasy Gamer's Compenium with the original sticker of $10.  Gamescience and Origins '90 Collector's Edition.  Is it actually rare?

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:18 pm 

Pipswich wrote:I have a white copy Revised and Expanded The Fantasy Gamer's Compenium with the original sticker of $10.  Gamescience and Origins '90 Collector's Edition.  Is it actually rare?

I dunno, but I wouldn't mind having one :).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:20 pm 

BTW, I think I almost made a double-post there due to some overactive clicking, and I received a message saying that I couldn't post another message so soon. If that's an intentional bug fix, nice job FoulFoot.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:03 pm 

stratochamp wrote:is mine the one you've seen, or have you seen another one Mark?

I was thinking of the one that I bought.  It sounds like there are a few out there.  I didn't even know it existed until about a year and a half ago.  I think it is pretty rare or I probably would have noticed it sooner.  The colour cover versions show up frequently.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:42 pm 

Mars wrote:I was thinking of the one that I bought.  It sounds like there are a few out there.  I didn't even know it existed until about a year and a half ago.  I think it is pretty rare or I probably would have noticed it sooner.  The colour cover versions show up frequently.

Here was me thinking you were talking 'bout S&G.
Yes, the limited Tegel was down to around ~$40 thanks to stock clearing. Ltd. FGC as noted, but should've been more IMO.

S&G used to be $100-200 but has dropped to $50-100 more typically since the .pdfs started circulating. The most recent auction was around $60, I thought - within the past month or so - badly described, but the seller had other goodies which helped wave the appropriate flags. Don't have the precise # on hand as I placed a proxy bid on that and AIM isn't logging.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"