Phantasy conclave
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:02 am 

Bob,

I would love a copy.  Sounds like a great read.  Would also like to see the artwork.

Martin

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:18 am 

if we are lining up for copies, i'd love one too....:-)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:09 pm 

You can put me down for one copy as well!

Thanks.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:23 pm 

Sounds interesting, so if you do decide to sell your remaining copies (or, perhaps to reprint them?), I'm interested too :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:25 pm 

Add me as interested in a copy. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:25 pm 

I'd sure like to buy a copy too... Welcome to the Acaeum :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 pm 

Hello Bob, nice to see you found your way here. Like others, I would love to obtain a copy, but if not, then there is another I might be able to get the books from... which is better than what I have now, which is nothing. Sounds like an interesting game, and at a good-size run of 1000, that's pretty cool. I could easily help with getting it back in print, if you were interested... and I am serious about that.

Again, welcome to these boards.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:34 am 

All,

Thank you for your interest in my game Phantasy Conclave.

I, personally, have around 12 copies.  I have requested my family members to let me know how many original, unopened copies they (may) have.  There may be another dozen ...

Until I know how many are available within my family; and decide - If, When and How Many I am willing to sell - I'm going to hold onto all of them.  I WILL post, in this forum, whatever I decide - you will be the first!

At the moment, there is NO artwork within the book nor have arrangements been made for publication.  Comments? Suggestion?

I have not thought about a re-release.  Is there enough interest?  What format would YOU like to see?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:51 am 

I hope that you will have one copy left :roll:
because I am more than VERY interested in one copy :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:03 am 

T'Lar,

If you do decide to do a reprint, I hope you would consider interior art.  Cost is not prohibitive.  I can also vouche for serleran as someone who could help you with reprinting.  He seems to have a wealth of knowledge in that area.  I, of course, would be interested in a reprint as well.

Martin

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:36 am 

Or you can use artwork without copyright on them (medieval art for example)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 am 

Well, this is exciting stuff!  I love old non-TSR FRPGs.

Bob/T'Lar, what can you share about the game itself?  What were your goals in creating it and what made it different than D&D and the other FRPGs out there in 82?

I actually remember seeing your game in a store here in CA, but being a young'un at the time didn't spring for it...  Hopefully as an adult I'll be more wise if you put it up for sale. :)

-------------------------------------------------

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:37 pm 

T'Lar wrote:All,

Thank you for your interest in my game Phantasy Conclave.

I, personally, have around 12 copies.  I have requested my family members to let me know how many original, unopened copies they (may) have.  There may be another dozen ...

Until I know how many are available within my family; and decide - If, When and How Many I am willing to sell - I'm going to hold onto all of them.  I WILL post, in this forum, whatever I decide - you will be the first!

At the moment, there is NO artwork within the book nor have arrangements been made for publication.  Comments? Suggestion?

I have not thought about a re-release.  Is there enough interest?  What format would YOU like to see?

I'm going to say some obvious things (to me) about a reprint just to get the questions issues out there.  Interest is going to go up and down based on:

1) whether a decent review is done by someone who is at least fairly well known by these forums,

2) how much the item costs including shipping (one for US & one for International)

3) if this is going to be a Limited Edition that is numbered and has a Certificate of Authenticity signed by you or some such.

4) if this is packed/shipped well, perhaps by a trusted Acaeum intermediary(not me).

5) looks good in the picture.

6) proofed by a known/trust Acaeum member (not me)

7) other things I can't think of...

IF you get a good review by someone who likes most everything, it's a signed Limited Edition, looks good in the picture, & costs less than $25.00, you could probably sell about 25 copies and maybe 35 copies.  If the price is $35.00, the interest drops to about half in my opinion, maybe less.  Those are just my guesses.  Of course, I'd highly recommend you create an official interest thread once you know most of these details and print just what will sell.  The bottom line; people will need more information before the interest level is truly known.

I think people sharing their ideas about format is good.  If it's a boxed set, the price jumps, but the attractiveness jumps too.  If it includes a pdf, that'd be nice and fairly inexpensive.  If there are free, well-thought-out illustrations included, it would also likely help the interest.  Font size, number of columns and cover art also are factors.  I think comments about whether Dragonsfoot folks are invited is going to come up eventually.

Here are my votes on these matters.  Boxed set is not important to me, pdf is not important to me. I think the item at least needs cover art.  bbarsh's basic font, layout, paper quality is nice.  Let DF'ers know.  They'll find out anyway.

Finally, this is more complicated than you think unless you have publishing experience.  As someone working with the EO Print, I recommend picking a small committee or no committee at all, and be prepared for delays, cost over-runs, and problems.  Unless you are really interested in re-publishing it yourself, I'd recommend finding a small publisher like bbarsh (a member of the Acaeum)  and see if he'd do it.

8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 pm 

To be honest, I don't know if a reprint is a very good idea.

If you have a dozen copies of old stock, that would probably be enough to saturate most of the market looking for copies.  I have tracked down a number of other such books and in some cases have had extra copies to pass along.  Some items were modules, game accessories, and small press game systems.  For the most part, selling a dozen extra copies has been about the upper bound on the number of copies I have been able to move.  For some of them, selling the dozen copies has taken a couple of years.

I am a bit surprised that the print run was so high.  1000 copies is a lot of copies for something that is very difficult to find now.  There are a number of other items that are much easier to find that only had 2 or 3 hundred copies produced.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:08 pm 

agreed..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:15 pm 

Might be they suffered the same "alleged" fate as ST1.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:18 pm 

More like the Temple of Andar..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:50 am 

fantastic news!

i hope there will be available an electronic pdf version of "Phantasy conclave" as well in the future...

the author could easily sell them through paypal or something like that and reach a wider audience.

PreviousNext