Thieves Guild etc.
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 am 

I've been looking through my old stuff for possible sale and was wondering if any of the Gamelords items like Thieves Guild 6 and 7 or Lair of the Freebooters have any value.   Also the Midkemia Press books Like Carse and Tulan of the Isles.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:08 am 

The Midkemia Press printings of Tulan and Carse with map sheets are worth a fair bit. $30-$50 depending on condition. The Gamelords stuff are all $5 books. They can be had cheap enough from on;line resellers and through eBay fairly often.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:22 am 

Not sure on The Midkemia Press stuff, but agree with Ian on the Thieves Guild valued at around $5, though Lair of the Freebooters could fetch around $10 (as can any of the Haven related products).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:28 am 

Thanks for the quick response.  I take it the Midkemia maps were loose from the booklets?   If so I doubt I still have them.  

As I looked through the forums I noticed a couple of Role-Aids modules Blasted Lands and Beastmaker Mountain.   My Blasted Lands is completely destroyed but the Beastmaker Mountain just has a couple of bends on the front page.   Beastmaker does not seem to have a cover though.  Was it sold this way or did it come in a folder?

I also found something called Warlock's Tower by Balboa Game Company.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am 

RalphPartha wrote:Beastmaker does not seem to have a cover though.  Was it sold this way or did it come in a folder?

I also found something called Warlock's Tower by Balboa Game Company.

Yes, Beastmaker should also come with a folder.  The lack of folder probably drops the value by at least half.  As a guess, without the folder it would probably sell for $25-$40.  Just thinking of the Nanorian Stones without folder that sold for $6.

Warlock's Tower by Balboa is about a $40-$50 book - more uncommon than the everything else you have mentioned.