Basic Mentzer rulebook UK version
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:06 pm 

As for that listing I saw and erroneously thought was a mini/micro reprint manual,

** expired eBay auction **

what do you think a ballpark range would be? I'm curious what the artwork differences are inside, but the shipping cost is a big negative damper for my curiousity.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 pm 

misterspock wrote:As for that listing I saw and erroneously thought was a mini/micro reprint manual,

** expired eBay auction **

what do you think a ballpark range would be? I'm curious what the artwork differences are inside, but the shipping cost is a big negative damper for my curiousity.

Yes, the interior illustrations are different from the classical box, and made by Helen Bedford. They look nice.

There is not many illustrations BTW, one for each of the 14 chapters (no more).

I think that I have found my exemplary (NM) for less than 30-35 USD, and it was very cheap. It can go for more than this amount, but sometimes the book is sold in the wrong category at ebay.co.uk, and you can make a good deal.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:48 pm 

NM copies crop up occasionally on eBay, and usually go for about $40. Deffinately no more than that. Collectors tend to have more success with this one on Amazon, and they usually crop up in the UK, Europe and Australia.

I'd say that copy is about as high as it should go.

These are great little books if you write low level D&D modules. Paperback size, and you can carry them everywhere with you. It's just a shame they didn't do the same with the expert set.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:44 pm 

Thanks for the info on this.  I guess my curiousity will have to wait for another auction. Since the price is already at the going rate, when the shipping is factored in to the U.S. along with the exchange rate, I'd probably wind up paying about double.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm 

misterspock wrote:Thanks for the info on this.  I guess my curiousity will have to wait for another auction. Since the price is already at the going rate, when the shipping is factored in to the U.S. along with the exchange rate, I'd probably wind up paying about double.

Unfortunately not seen that often in the US...
Still a bit of leeway in the price IMO but their shipping quote is somewhat extortionate.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 pm 

faro wrote:Unfortunately not seen that often in the US...
Still a bit of leeway in the price IMO but their shipping quote is somewhat extortionate.

Need to have one of the UK members bring a ton of these over when they hit GenCon/NTRPGCon next year...might be worth it for someone...hint...hint  :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:59 pm 

GreyM wrote:
Need to have one of the UK members bring a ton of these over when they hit GenCon/NTRPGCon next year...might be worth it for someone...hint...hint  :D

Good thinking! :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 pm 

*lol* They simply don't exist "by the ton".
Rather rare over here, too, but can't tell that since UK and Oz prints are still, still not on the main Acaeum listing. (Some day, perhaps...!)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"