Tournament MDG Tsojconth Near Mint from one of the designers
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 pm 

Hey everyone,

I bought a Tsjoconth Metro Detroit Gamers Tournament module on Ebay in 2005. I paid almost $1900.00. The reason why is the provenance of it.  I have a signed dated certified letter from someone that has owned it 30 years and it was one of the first ones printed, and I quote this person

" This is an original MDG Dungeon that I have had in my possesion for around 30 years. I helped actual design, playtested,  and I played at the Con. I named the six characters!"

Now I know I won't get my $1900.00 back but how much is this worth and is anyone interested in buying it for a reasonable price?

I also printed off my Ebay auction closed bid webpage and the paypal reciept for what I paid for it. It is flawless, and this actual dungeon was not used by the seller but is a proof copy that he kept, but has everything in it. It comes in the original baggie and I've only looked at it once outside of the baggie.

Can anyone here help me?

Thanks in advance. I did do a search and there wasn't much information on it to help me with the pricing since everyone seems to digress when somone makes a post about one.  

Mark

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:42 pm 

Hiya Mark,

The extra background probably does help but at present $1,200 (range $1,000-$1,400) would be around the mark. Anything over $1,500 would be "very good going" at present.

There were a few running to around and just over $2,000 in 2006/7, but not recently.

Trashed, three-hole punched, etc., never seemed to hurt the price for Tsojconth /that/ badly - i.e. still $500-700 range a while back.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 pm 

Faro is spot on. $1,200 is a good figure.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:48 pm 

I have 4 of the posted at RPGMarketplace.com

I purchased all 4 within the last year.

I paid from $825-$1349 I have them listed in price from $891-$1899, listed as make offer as well.

The one for $1899.00 is like yours, from the same guy, who was one of the designer/playtesters with a letter, bag etc and was the distributor as well. (he still has quite a few left by the way).

I actually have 2 from him with letters, though one letter is to another buyer, not me.

In any case, that might help show the current price range over the last year. The $1899.00 I have listed is obviously "wishful thinking", but the "make an offer" range on the items are from what I paid to one dollar less than the Buy It Now... so I am obviously willing to at least take what I paid for it....  though in your case getting what you paid for it may no be possible.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:24 pm 

Well I'm negotiating with two people to buy my module at a $1200 to $1300 price range what your advertising for $1899.00...I think I'm offering a really good value for an exceptional near mint module.  

ScketreWhisp® wrote:I have 4 of the posted at RPGMarketplace.com

I purchased all 4 within the last year.

I paid from $825-$1349 I have them listed in price from $891-$1899, listed as make offer as well.

The one for $1899.00 is like yours, from the same guy, who was one of the designer/playtesters with a letter, bag etc and was the distributor as well. (he still has quite a few left by the way).

I actually have 2 from him with letters, though one letter is to another buyer, not me.

In any case, that might help show the current price range over the last year. The $1899.00 I have listed is obviously "wishful thinking", but the "make an offer" range on the items are from what I paid to one dollar less than the Buy It Now... so I am obviously willing to at least take what I paid for it....  though in your case getting what you paid for it may no be possible.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 pm 

I got one from the same guy as well (lumberjaques IIRC), can not quite remeber what I paid though it was probably around $1400

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:37 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I got one from the same guy as well (lumberjaques IIRC), can not quite remeber what I paid though it was probably around $1400

Tsojconth and Fazzlewood are exceptions to the usual thanks to Howard and his very-much-diminished stock of originals from back in the day. Remove his mint copies and that one other notable stash for Tsoj (Fazzle being rather rarer) and it would've been difficult to meet demand for the higher grades.
Personally, I'm not surprised that the tiny number of Tsojs that have appeared from the cons themselves - actually used there with cut character sheets - have done rather well, too. Much better to have that context, IMO, than a generic three-hole punched copy with nothing else going for it. ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"