Woodgrain box set predictions
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:17 pm 

So, one of the holy grails of your chosen field must be the original unseen artwork for Eye of the Dragon which TRH still has in his possession?

Nope :wink:

My grails are "Northwatch" -Keith Parkinson (unavailable)

A Caldwell which is faaar too expensive for my tastes right now.

A classic oldschool piece (which I recently got) Unfortunately I can't say which one as I'm getting more of the same...

A painting I recently asked the artist about.

The trouble with my hobby is that you can only openly talk about your own collection or your desire to own pieces that you're never going to be able to get. Otherwise you will give other people ideas  :evil: - This happened to me with a local shitbag...

Don't read any further Beaster...

Oh yeah, "Saving the Best for Last" by Dan Horne... I recently got the address of the owner of that painting.  So... even if it's "unavailable" it's still available :twisted:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 pm 

Tharizdun wrote:"Saving the Best for Last" by Dan Horne...

That is a cool painting.  I would be very curious how long it takes an artist to paint something like this.  My only insight into this is from watching that guy with the big fro on Sat mornings painting land\seascapes  {that must have been 20 years ago}.  They were pretty darn good for 30 mins worth of work.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:01 pm 

Bob Ross

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 pm 

I would be very curious how long it takes an artist to paint something like this.

Not long, I think he mentioned this in an article somewhere. Maybe that magazine even. Staff artists were given 1 month to complete a painting. Non staff (like Dan) tried to get done as fast as possible I'd imagine :wink:

Check out my art thread on the general forum. I put some information like that there 8)

Previous