Eldritch Wizardy, April 1976-first printing
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:57 pm 

Hello everyone and thank you for taking a moment to read my post. I was a D&D player back in my teenage years and lost many items over time. Somehow, I managed to hold on to a few precious items over the course of 20+ years. A co-worker clued me in to the fact that a strong D&D collector community exists and Acaeum was THE place so here I am.
What I have is the Eldritch Wizardy Supplement, first printing. It is worn, and has blemishes, but it is complete. We confirmed the first printing status-the passage from Tzook the wizard on page 43 is missing, and the Balrog is referenced by name on page 3. I have several pics available to confirm same. If I had to grade it myself I'd guess fair-good. It has a ring on the front cover, the cover is detached, and there is some writing in pencil on the inside from the original owner. Otherwise, there are no tears or missing pages. I haven't decided if I want to sell it or just keep it for the sentimental value. Since I am not an actual collector of these items, I am wondering what relative value something like this might have to someone who is a collector. I'm not clear on the forum rules as far as exchanging personal e-mail addresses, but upon request I can provide as many pics as you like. Thanks again!

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:07 pm 

I'm not a "print run/1st print" guy, so I can't tell you much personally.

Have you found this page yet?
http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/rulebooks.html

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm 

Welcome aboard.

Here is a page of grading guidelines:

. . . http://www.acaeum.com/frontdesk/grading.html

And here is a page of estimated values.  YMMV:

. . . http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/rulebooks.html

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 pm 

Thanks, I took a look at the estimates page and the last entry for this book is march 2003. Do the estimates stay pretty much static or do they update based on a change in demand, etc?
By the way, my other items include modules Talons of Night, Tomb of the Lizard King, and a boxed set Middle Earth RPG. I'll see if those are listed as well.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:26 pm 

KG1969 wrote:Thanks, I took a look at the estimates page and the last entry for this book is march 2003. Do the estimates stay pretty much static or do they update based on a change in demand, etc?
By the way, my other items include modules Talons of Night, Tomb of the Lizard King, and a boxed set Middle Earth RPG. I'll see if those are listed as well.

HermitFromPluto and Guy Fullerton are two people on these forums who can probably tell you best about the MERP box.  A picture always helps with valuation.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.