Australian G1-3/D1-3 mono Combo pack
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:18 am 

Anyone care to hazard a guess at a value?  What I paid?  Or more/less?

See Not-so-Recent Fun Finds • Page 4 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:57 pm 

From what I have seen, these modules tend to go in the $50 range or so...although I have seen them sell for $80+. I picked up two of these modules (D1 and G2) in two seperate auctions for $35 and $43. Figure $50 for each would make it $300...then figure another $50 or so for the remaining items...so I would say $350 (excluding your dungeon module pack cover). Using current exchange rates of Australian to US, that puts the amount you paid at $358. So, I think you are pretty much in the ballpark.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:01 pm 

Nice buy. :)

I wonder what one of those in shrink would fetch?8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:49 am 

Thanks for the info.  I hadn't seen the modules come up often enough to get a real idea about how much to bid.  So, my high bid was way over what I paid.  Just pleased I didn't run into someone else doing the same thing or it could have been very painful for one of us.

I did see D1-3 go for over $200 each last year on the Oz site.  But the exchange rate was much more favourable then.

And prior to that I saw a couple of auctions pulled for all six.  I assume the sellers were made offers they couldn't refuse.

Haven't got the rest of the stuff yet as I got the seller to send it surface.  But I couldn't wait to get my grubby hands on the monos.  And the combo sheet was a huge bonus.

Thankfully they weren't in shrink.  Otherwise I would have to resell them to fund a non-shrink set!  :wink: