Pandora's Treasures items
Author

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:57 pm 

Picked up two items from Pandora's Treasures and wondered what anyone knew about their print run or previous sales history.

Rascals, Rogues, Rapscallions, and Renegades

and

Little Shop of Poisons and Potions

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:20 pm 

The Tome of Treasures is a good place to start on these.  There are a few different prints of the Little Shop of Poisons book:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762

The Rascals, Rogues, Rapscallions, and Renegades book seems a bit rarer (but I would say both are hard to find).

I think $40-$50 is probably about right for these books maybe a bit more for RRRR.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:00 pm 

Mars wrote:The Tome of Treasures is a good place to start on these.  There are a few different prints of the Little Shop of Poisons book:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762

The Rascals, Rogues, Rapscallions, and Renegades book seems a bit rarer (but I would say both are hard to find).

I think $40-$50 is probably about right for these books maybe a bit more for RRRR.

ToT has been some help.

I have a copy of Little Shop of Poisons and Potions that seens to be 2nd printing but it has no page #53 with the ad for Starbright. It does have the plastic spiral bound instead of the metal, but it also has a clear heavy plastic page protecting the front and back covers.

Can't tell if this was a 3rd print that should have had the metal wrings but was rebound with the black plastic ring binding and the clear plastic cover protectors added, or a different printing entirely.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:02 pm 

Tough to say what is going on with that book.  Their other books don't seem to have much variation but for whatever reason, this particular one does.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:10 pm 

Mars wrote:Tough to say what is going on with that book.  Their other books don't seem to have much variation but for whatever reason, this particular one does.

Looking at it I'm sure it isn't 2nd print. The margins are those of a 3rd print, but the binding is that of the 1st and 2nd printing, and those plastic covers don't match.

Unofrtunately it isn't a big deal to add the plastic covers or change from metal to plastic binding. So this is either a 3rd print that has been customized (good idea with those plastic covers) or a possible printing between 2nd and 3rd that combines elements of each.

NOTE: This printing is a real step up from the earlier material as far as quality production.  It could be they were trying out various ways to release it or had enough success to reprint it a few times. There was just a Bob Liddil interview on the net this past Sunday. Wish I had a chance to ask him some questions.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 pm 

Hi Jason,

Just received a copy from Amazon.  It had the plastic "shields" on both covers but they were so brittle that they broke off in my hands.  It also has the "comb" binding.  It appears to be a first Print but I'm at work right now and will need to go home to verify.  

Read it last night.  Fantastic little pamplet.  Bob did a good job with the intro story.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:31 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Hi Jason,

Just received a copy from Amazon.  It had the plastic "shields" on both covers but they were so brittle that they broke off in my hands.  It also has the "comb" binding.  It appears to be a first Print but I'm at work right now and will need to go home to verify.  

Read it last night.  Fantastic little pamplet.  Bob did a good job with the intro story.

Martin

I was wondering about those clear plastic cover protectors. The copy I have has a crease in the corner of the front clear plastic protector (though the booklet is not creased) they appear to be still supple, but I also think this is a latter printing so they might have been made from a different kind of plastic.

These are great little booklets. Rascals & Rogues was a good one too.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 pm 

Jason,

I can tell you that my copy's plastic covers did not have a crease.  They are yellowish in color.  Again, they broke off as soon as I removed the pamplet from the box it was sent in.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:45 pm 

I sold a nice copy of Rascals, Rogues, Rapscallions, and Renegades 6 or 7 months back for a BIN of $45.00 or so.

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:39 pm 

I can confirm 1st printing.  ALso, my copy has a sticker on the inside of the front cover.  Printing on sticker is dot matrix:

"PT LS1
LITTLE SHOP OF POISON
          9.95"

Martin