Dragon Pass the Board Game
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:What pray tell is a reasonable waiting period as a response time frame?
Listing states returns within 7 days of delivery.
Have written the seller three times now and still no response.

A reasonable time to wait for a response to your e-mails or private messages AFTER the sale is 48 hours. Everyone, checks their e-mails when they're away from home, even boy chick trolly dollies. Open the PayPal dispute. It's not a claim, just a means of putting the dispute on a formal footing. Both you you can cancel the dispute ance it has been amicably resolved to mutual satisfaction. Once you open the forman dispute, you can escelate it to a claim if he isn't going to agree to reasonable terns, and it will escelate to a claim automatically if he ignores PayPal's e-mails that you have a dispute.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:54 am 

Seller has written me (Through E-Bay) saying he wants to rsolve our situaton, asking me how I wanted to proceed.
Got the note today.
I had not yet done anything further (other than sending the E-Bay "contact seller"  messages).

Will keep the board informed.

MY THANKS to all who offered the great advice above.  :!:

UPDATE:
Seller has agreed to refund in full and will pay for return shipping.
Sent a note with total cost.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:02 am 

Thanks, I'll refund immediately upon receipt.

Perhaps I am ignorant, but is this how it is supposed to happen?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 am 

Make sure you have tracking on the original package and can prove it was returned (if you still need to go through Paypal, you will need this).

I'm not exactly sure how he pays you the extra but he should refund your transaction through Paypal and then send you an additional amount.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:12 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Perhaps I am ignorant, but is this how it is supposed to happen?

No, that is not how it works. At the very least, he should send you the money needed for return shipping. Then upon arrival he should refund the original purchase price plus the shipping charges from the original purchase.
The buyer should not have to pony up cash to send it back because of an error on his part.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am 

I would not trust the buyer to seller. Odds are high that he will refund in full, and you'll get stiffed for the shipping costs. And you need to ship recorded and insured in case he claims damage occured when you return shipped.

I would dispute this with PayPal (even if you have to phone them for advice) and ask that the seller provide a seperate payment before hand for the shipping costs as he has already demonstrated that he cannot be trusted and is dishonest.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:41 am 

I agree with these comments, as there is a smell of rat around...

If I were in your position, I'd want money returned or the re-post charge given before I post it over to him.

Otherwise, you'll get shafted for the return posting, or the package will never 'arrive' back mysteriously..

Hope this all works out ok Gnat!  :wink:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Previous