Tips for people new to ebay & selling
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 pm 

Don't know what is going on with me. Maybe just a fluke of nature, but each of the last three weeks, there has been one sale that does not get paid for 4 business days. Don't really mind much except the extra trip to the P.O., but it just seems like something strange going on. There is certainly no notice by the buyer, EBay or Paypal for the delay.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:17 am 

I'm happy to report that the CD arrived successfully in Russia!  :D

A different CD that was bid on by someone (in my country) that never bothered paying, and so I opened a non-payer case after asking if he was still interested and had no reply. The guy hasn't replied to the non-payer case yet, either, so if I get no response does that mean my fee will be returned after a total of 30 days?
In the meantime, I gave the original bidder a second chance, and he paid in about 15 minutes of me doing so!

Something I'd like advice on from people in the UK. I've tried to find a box suitable for sending boxed sets that isn't 16+ cm tall. Staples and WH Smiths have deals with DHL, so you have to post with DHL if you want the box- and it's very expensive postage. The post offices don't have suitable boxes.
Ian (MBassoc) told me about one box from Staples that he uses (that's not connected to the DHL "deal"), but I couldn't find it on their website or in my local branch. Any suggestions?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:25 am 

What size is it you are specifically after? I'm in the UK and have access to a lot of stationary for various reasons.

If you can let me know, I'll see what sizes are available and possibly what that'd cost via Royal Mail.

Cheers
Dave

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:51 am 

Thanks, Dave.
It seems that for a standard box set, you need around 31x25 cm of surface.
It seems that you'd need 3-cm height for a 1 inch box set, 6 cm height for a 2-inch one, and so on for multiple purchases.

Any ideas?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 am 

Is this for CDs now or RPG box sets like the F.Realms etc? Just thinking of allowing for packing maybe...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:16 pm 

Definitely things like Planescape boxed sets, FR boxed sets, and so on.

Previous