Tome of Horrors by Necromancer Games
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:51 pm 

This was included in one of my Lot purchases and I'm not sure what the going rate for one of these is.  The only match I can find on Ebay was one offered in the UK that didn't sell for 9.99 GBP.  Does anyone have any advice?

There's one available through Amazon here but I figured that was wishful thinking on someones part.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by SoulCatcher78 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:56 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:This was included in one of my Lot purchases and I'm not sure what the going rate for one of these is.  The only match I can find on Ebay was one offered in the UK that didn't sell for 9.99 GBP.  Does anyone have any advice?

There's one available through Amazon here but I figured that was wishful thinking on someones part.

Thanks for your help.

There are two listed on ebay. One is at $49.99 and the other is $24 with a damaged binding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sword-Sorcery-The-T ... .m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/OP-Tome-of-Horrors- ... .m20.l1116

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:31 pm 

Thanks, I had missed those.  I'll watch and see what happens with them but I'm thinking those prices might be a little high to attract potential buyers.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:45 pm 

SoulCatcher78 wrote:Thanks, I had missed those.  I'll watch and see what happens with them but I'm thinking those prices might be a little high to attract potential buyers.

Maybe. I haven't been tracking this and I would normally say these prices are very high end, but the market has been changing. The real test is to track a couple of auctions.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:14 pm 

The only reason I would need Tome of Horrors would be to convert its monsters to RuneQuest. An update to the Tome that updated the monsters to d20 3.5 was made available in PDF a couple of years ago, and in fact was available for free during DrivethruRPG's Thanksgiving giveaway. Given that the Tome is in many cases the only source for 3.0/3.5 versions of some AD&D monsters that didn't make it into d20, I suspect that gamers are holding onto them with a death grip. But even then, the prices mentioned in this thread are wishful thinking.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:19 am 

I would rate both versions of Tome of Horrors in the $20-30 range, with the 3.5 version being slightly more valuable.

(But...am I right?  Did the 3.5 version actually exist in hard copy form?)

I have kicked myself several times that I let a copy at Half Price Books go when I could have paid only $14.

As far as I can tell, Necromancer Games items in general are going to be more collectible than a number of other companies because they have some really choice old-school connections, including City State of the Invincible Overlord, the JG Wilderlands property, The City of Brass, and the First Edition goodness of the Tome of Horrors series.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:51 am 

FormCritic wrote:I would rate both versions of Tome of Horrors in the $20-30 range, with the 3.5 version being slightly more valuable.

(But...am I right?  Did the 3.5 version actually exist in hard copy form?)

No, it was only released as a .pdf.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:06 pm 

They may get it released for PathfinderRPG rules *crosses fingers*

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own