White Bear & Red Moon
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:23 am 

Just curious, is this how the Acaeum Valuation Board determines values as well?

I don't know. It seems sort of redundant though (to take too seriously) as obviously everything generally over-under sells. I don't really know how many people use it as a guide? It seems that more or less everyone is "ZOMG, look what that sold for!" or "ZOMG, last year those were selling for..." on the rare stuff at least.

I just know that if one of these sells for $800 and one of them goes for $80... I'd like to be the guy who got $800 8)

Has anyone actually played the game, or just left it unpunched gathering dust in a closet somewhere?

I'm curious as well, Is it a fun game?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:27 am 

Is Greg Stafford still buying originals to sign and resell

This is a valid point as well :?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:32 pm 

After some thought, I think the posts on the first page of this thread about this game not being worth anything are right.
It aint worth beans.

That said, if you decide to sell it please let me know, as I have some beans here that I could let go.  8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:27 pm 

If you could buy an opened OB3 for $400, and a shrinked one for $1K, which would you pick? The days of people spending money they don't have are over; you're probably going to see a decent price drop in high-end items. It's happening across the world, not just in our tiny corner of RPG collecting.
King is right, if two "heavy hitters" fight over an item and it goes for a mint, you're a fool if you base a similar product's value on the outcome. So a 1st woody went for $5K. Would another one go for that? Probably not. Probably not even close.
The number of people who are currently willing to shell out $500 for a sealed WB&RM could probably be counted on one fist.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:00 pm 

Whale Tagger wrote: ....The number of people who are currently willing to shell out $500 for a sealed WB&RM could probably be counted on one fist.

Depending on the fist; That is probably five potential current buyers at top price..........  8O  :roll:
Since he only has one sealed copy, then He only needs one of them to make a so-called assinine offer....     :lol:
The other four will have to settle for making envious posts on a message board somewhere.
Or they can make an almost though not quite equally assinine offer for my copy....  8)  :lol:

Besides, this was never about him buying one (though I thought so at first too) it was about his making an offer to another person to BUY it.
In response to that; I wrote that I would offer between $75 and $100.
I based that on the final bid for the one I had listed on E-Bay....
The high bid was $89 a couple of months ago.

However, I will ask you the same thing I asked King.
WHAT WOULD YOU BASE AN ASKING PRICE ON THEN?
What else is there if not an on-line auction such as an E-Bay sale?
Other than the fact that you wont find another since there have not been any for years and years and years..... :?
Or do you have some examples of sales that you can list for us?

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:04 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Besides, this was never about him buying one (though I thought so at first too) it was about his making an offer to another person to BUY it.
In response to that; I wrote that I would offer between $75 and $100.
I based that on the final bid for the one I had listed on E-Bay....
The high bid was $89 a couple of months ago.

The high bid on your auction was a lot higher than $89 IIRC. The underbidder was $88, I presume.

re. that current "purchase"/evaluation, I wouldn't get personally too hyped up about a sealed copy in $ terms even if it /appears/ that might be genuinely unopened. Shrinkwrap at least permits one to see what's inside.
Nice "find" nonetheless.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 pm 

faro wrote:The high bid on your auction was a lot higher than $89 IIRC. The underbidder was $88, I presume.

As for the underbid, yes it was one dollar short of the final shown highest bid.

I have only a slight clue how much the highest Shown bidder might have been willing to go to but I do know it was not over a certain amount since if the bidder had bid the Reserve amount it would have sold.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:15 pm 

A couple hundred.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Previous