Monster & Treasure Assoretment F1006 1st print
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:37 pm 
 

I can find listings for the 2nd print but none for the 1st. Anyone know what the 1st prints have been selling for recently?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:24 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:I can find listings for the 2nd print but none for the 1st. Anyone know what the 1st prints have been selling for recently?


Wondering the same thing; I watched some first prints (All three sets) last year and they did not sell for more than $15 per set.
They were all near mint.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:46 pm 
 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Wondering the same thing; I watched some first prints (All three sets) last year and they did not sell for more than $15 per set.
They were all near mint.


Wow. 2nd prints having asking prices between $40 and $60

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 445
Joined: Dec 26, 2008
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2021
Location: Miami, Florida

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:53 pm 
 

I got a NM 1st print earlier this year for $20

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:09 pm 
 

carrejo wrote:I got a NM 1st print earlier this year for $20


That is interesting. Was it a private sale? Ebay, amazon? Did it go for auction or a buy it now?

What would be a good indicator of price is if they were auctions. Do the 2nd prints sell for more than 1st?

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:24 pm 
 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Wondering the same thing; I watched some first prints (All three sets) last year and they did not sell for more than $15 per set.
They were all near mint.


There was a set of the three that looks like Blackmoor (Jeff) had won back in November of last year for $68.  I couldn't tell if they were 1st or 2nd prints. Maybe he could shed some light on that auction.

The same seller Tigspt sold a set 1 and set 2 last November as well for $27.50, but again I couldn't tell if they were 1st or 2nd prints. Ebay had changed the bidder names so it's difficult to say who won.

Crimsonpermanentassurance (Kynan) sold some sets in the $20 range as well, but I'm thinking they were 2nd prints.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:26 pm 
 

carrejo wrote:I got a NM 1st print earlier this year for $20


Did you win that one in early March from Crimsonpermanentassurance?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:48 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:Wow. 2nd prints having asking prices between $40 and $60


Per set?
If so, then Are those from Troll and Toad listings?


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 445
Joined: Dec 26, 2008
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2021
Location: Miami, Florida

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:14 pm 
 

JasonZavoda wrote:
That is interesting. Was it a private sale? Ebay, amazon? Did it go for auction or a buy it now?

What would be a good indicator of price is if they were auctions. Do the 2nd prints sell for more than 1st?


I got it on ebay, and it was a BIN of 19.99 (if I am remember correctly)...I dont recall at the moment the seller but I got it sometime in Feb 09...

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 445
Joined: Dec 26, 2008
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2021
Location: Miami, Florida

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:16 pm 
 

misterspock wrote:
Did you win that one in early March from Crimsonpermanentassurance?


not sure, I have bought from this seller a few times without any problems, should I know something specifically about this seller ?

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 pm 
 

carrejo wrote:not sure, I have bought from this seller a few times without any problems, should I know something specifically about this seller ?

That you're not on their blocked list. ;)


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 3819
Joined: Jul 12, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 am 
 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Per set?
If so, then Are those from Troll and Toad listings?


Thats NobleKnight and some other high end ebay sellers. I always try to go high end myself if there is a good reason for it.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:15 am 
 

carrejo wrote:
not sure, I have bought from this seller a few times without any problems, should I know something specifically about this seller ?


No, nothing like that...I have been saving the auction data on the M&T's and thought that you might have won that particular one.  I just couldn't tell whether the set was a 1st or 2nd print.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am 
 

faro wrote:That you're not on their blocked list. ;)
:lol:


JasonZavoda wrote:Thats NobleKnight and some other high end ebay sellers.
I always try to go high end myself if there is a good reason for it.


OK.
If they can get $40-$60 then more power to them.
Just that those prices seemed really high to me is all.
I have honestly seen them listed for a lot less, but I dont have any links to back up that claim.

BTW: I also prefer to buy from high end sellers when possible.
Sometimes Even if I end up spending a little more than I would have from some other seller.
That exra buck or two is worth it (To me) not having to worry as much whether I am going to get shafted or get my stuff in good order. 8)


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 445
Joined: Dec 26, 2008
Last Visit: Apr 23, 2021
Location: Miami, Florida

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:27 am 
 

misterspock wrote:
No, nothing like that...I have been saving the auction data on the M&T's and thought that you might have won that particular one.  I just couldn't tell whether the set was a 1st or 2nd print.


looked it up, I did buy it from that seller in late Feb 09 for 19.99...it is a M&T Set one 1st print...just opened it last night to double check, and its in excellent condition.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:12 am 
 

carrejo wrote:
looked it up, I did buy it from that seller in late Feb 09 for 19.99...it is a M&T Set one 1st print...just opened it last night to double check, and its in excellent condition.


Cool, great catch...thanks for letting me know

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 720
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2017
Location: Brooklyn

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:41 am 
 

misterspock wrote:
Cool, great catch...thanks for letting me know


Got my 1st print for free about 15 years ago... Color me grateful! ;)


“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:06 pm 
 

TheMilford wrote:
Got my 1st print for free about 15 years ago... Color me grateful! ;)


I'll add you to the archived valuations, too, as a bonus. Though it'll really skew the going rates :lol:

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 28, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:58 pm 
 

The prices vary wildly but usually low. I have sold mint copies (any printing) for as much as $50 only to see the same item go for $8 two months later.
But generally, they do not sell very well. Set 3 seems to sell for a higher average though...


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 720
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2017
Location: Brooklyn

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 pm 
 

bbarsh wrote:The prices vary wildly but usually low. I have sold mint copies (any printing) for as much as $50 only to see the same item go for $8 two months later.
But generally, they do not sell very well. Set 3 seems to sell for a higher average though...


I picked up a set two for a $15... it's a 4th printing... I find that the Set Two "lizard logos" are pretty hard to come by cheap or otherwise. I wouldn't have settled for the 4th I bought if I could have found one.

And how are Troll and Toad considered "high-end" when the mislead about condition, printing, etc.?


“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

 WWW  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2