Runequest rulebook
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:39 pm 

I found a first print Runequest rule-book like the top one one linked to below at the Tome of Treasures... just wondering if it's anything special?

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=740

Thanks!   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:00 am 

I have one too!  Not sure what their frequency or rarity is ..they (1st prints) seem to come up as often as 1st print Holmes editions, just on my casual observance.  I don't think they are perceived as necessarily rare, so on Ebay they may tend to get passed up thinking another one can be had around the corner.  Certainly if it is minty it will gather more interest than a tattered copy amongst the Runequest collectors.  There is a lot of interesting material to collect for early and later Runequest, so I have to think more new collectors will tend to seek out this 1st ed. 1st print going forward.

Who says my inspiration was D&D?  That was just a background phenomenon.
                                          -- Ken St. Andre

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 am 

These books seem fairly common but I think there are still a number of questions about different prints etc.  I have 4 copies of these books including:

1) noncolour cover, 1978 Luise Art, "The Chaosium" logo, side stapled, copyright 1978
2) colour cover, 1979 Luise Art, "The Chaosium" logo, side stapled, copyright 1978, 1979
3) colour cover, 1979 Luise Art, "The Chaosium" logo, perfect bound, copyright 1978, 1979, 1980
4) colour cover, 1979 Luise Art, "Chaosium Inc" logo, perfect bound, copyright 1978, 1979, 1980 (2nd Edition)

The last one that TFM has listed on the Tome could be before or after 4)

I have not really been much of a Runequest collector so there could be more prints out there.  I also haven't paid much for the copies in my collection - in total maybe $30 for all 4 books (1 and 2 were free).

As a guess, I would think that you could get $25 for a 1st print in good shape but that really is just a guess.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:27 pm 

Hello, I hope it's ok to post here asking for help about a Trollpak set... I've found:

Uz Lore (book one)
Into Uzdom (book two)
and, not sure if this belongs, a double sided map (Trollball field hexes on one side, Dagori Inkarth wilderness on the other)

I assume these are from a single Trollpak box set... I just wonder what else is missing (probably Book Two, not sure what else?)

And, what I should expect to pay if I really want to find out ;)

Thanks!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:05 pm 

I haven't really bothered searching in a while, but there is also a hardcover version of RuneQuest II in existence. I'd love to get a copy of that in place of the paperback.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:26 am 

Traveller wrote:I haven't really bothered searching in a while, but there is also a hardcover version of RuneQuest II in existence. I'd love to get a copy of that in place of the paperback.

As I recall, put out by Reston (who also put out the hardcover King Arthur Companion).  From what I've seen they're difficult to find with the dust-jacket.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."