So I am looking at a couple of DCC Box Sets:

Saga of the Dragon Cult and

The Heroes Arise

Both are in the shrink.

What's a good price for each???

Thanks guys  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:36 pm 

Cover price was $20 each.  They are simply 4 or 5 of the DCC modules inside a box at a budget price.  Considering most common DCC modules are not too difficult to pick up for $2-$3, I would think the boxes are a good buy at $10-$15.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:44 pm 

Mars wrote:Cover price was $20 each.  They are simply 4 or 5 of the DCC modules inside a box at a budget price.  Considering most common DCC modules are not too difficult to pick up for $2-$3, I would think the boxes are a good buy at $10-$15.

FWIW, I agree.

Heroes Arise is cheaper as far as the effort Goodman Games put into it.  Box some modules, and wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.  Saga of the Dragon Cult at least has a booklet/module that ties the separate DCCs together into a coherent narrative.

$10-$15 is a good price for either of them.  You can part out the individual modules for more than the cover price of either the boxed set.

Now what you really want to find are the expensive DCCs.  Even at cover price, DCC 30 (boxed Vault of the Dragon Kings Tournament Edition Boxed Set) and DCC 35 (Gazetteer of the Known Realms) are a good buy.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:03 pm 

Mars and JohnGaunt are spot on, I think... I picked up Saga of the Dragon Cult last autumn from Goodman for $10, and SW Heros Arise from a local gaming store for $15 in March.

But, c'mon now, is that all you've got your eye on  :wink:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:16 am 

davidc wrote:Mars and JohnGaunt are spot on, I think... I picked up Saga of the Dragon Cult last autumn from Goodman for $10, and SW Heros Arise from a local gaming store for $15 in March.

But, c'mon now, is that all you've got your eye on  :wink:

Actually, I picked up both boxed sets for $5.00 each.

It was in a clearance section (hence no DCC 30 or 35 present...)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:45 am 

IO
Whether you plan to use them or to never use them, IMO those were good buys.

Heroes Arise is a collection of Five previously published Modules put together to create a full fledged Campaign.
It includes the adventure modules:
DCC #45:  Malice of the Medusa, a level 1-3 adventure that sends the heroes to solve the curse of a desert city.
DCC #43:  Curse of the Barrens, a level 3-5 adventure that pits the heroes against barbarian tribes in the icy north.
DCC #7:  The Secrets of Smuggler's Cove, a level 5-7 adventure that sends the heroes to battle smugglers on the coast.
DCC #8:  Mysteries of the Drow, a level 7-9 adventure where the heroes venture into the underdeep.
DCC #12:  The Blackguard's Revenge, a level 9-11 adventure in which the heroes must battle an undead army.

Saga of the Dragon Cult, is a collection of Four previously published Modules put together to create a full fledged Campaign.
It includes the adventure modules:
DCC #2: Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho,
DCC #6: Temple of the Dragon Cult, (the Witch Queen)
DCC #10: The Sunless Garden, (Knockmort, the mad Treant)
DCC #17: Legacy of the Savage Kings. (Pyraxus the Red Dragon)
However; It also includes a 32-page adventure path guide that ties these four modules into one cohesive adventure path with plot adjustments, new interludes, and more details on the world of Áereth.

I have copies of each.
I do not intend to open any copies of the HA Box Set, since I also have copies of the Modules seperately and there is nothing else in the box.

I do plan to open Saga of the Dragon Cult since the 32-page adventure path guide cannot be found anywhere else.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm 

And now for something completely different:

The T&T guys running the auction were robbed late last night, and it was not discovered until this morning. The good news, if there is some, is that they only took the 2 (or 3?) laptop computers and left all the games and stuff that was in the glass display case. So much for the Convention Center's Security...

So this morning, they had to re-enter all the data on a borrowed laptop (kudos to whomever let them borrow a laptop for this), and the auction has been set back 3 hours for today.

I'll report on the rest by Sunday...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I do plan to open Saga of the Dragon Cult since the 32-page adventure path guide cannot be found anywhere else.

It can if you know where to look.  :batman:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:35 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:The T&T guys running the auction were robbed late last night, and it was not discovered until this morning. The good news, if there is some, is that they only took the 2 (or 3?) laptop computers and left all the games and stuff that was in the glass display case. So much for the Convention Center's Security...

So this morning, they had to re-enter all the data on a borrowed laptop (kudos to whomever let them borrow a laptop for this), and the auction has been set back 3 hours for today.

8O  That really sucks.

Laptops are easier to sell/pawn than RPG and game collectibles . . .

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:38 pm 

Also potentially more worthwhile, especially if they've ever been used for commerce...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:38 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
It can if you know where to look.  :batman:

?   Umnnn... PM Sent ?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM