Value of Caldwell print?
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 720
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2017
Location: Brooklyn

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:01 pm 
 

"Princess in Peril" signed print by Clyde Caldwell

Signed print (370/1000) by the Dungeons & Dragons renowned artist. It shows a sexy warrior hiding from 3 orcs.

16x20 with matting.

found this on CL for $25... worth it?


“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 pm 
 

TheMilford wrote:"Princess in Peril" signed print by Clyde Caldwell

Signed print (370/1000) by the Dungeons & Dragons renowned artist. It shows a sexy warrior hiding from 3 orcs.

16x20 with matting.

found this on CL for $25... worth it?


That sounds like a good price, especially with the matting.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 720
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2017
Location: Brooklyn

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:46 pm 
 

misterspock wrote:
That sounds like a good price, especially with the matting.


How good? :)

I like Clyde... but not that much... think of hanging onto it for a while until I decide what to do with it...

Also available is:
""Secrets of the Sorceress" signed by artist Tom Kidd measures 18" x 24" no matting or anything."

I don't know Tom Kidd... but it's look pretty gawdy "2nd Ed."


“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2459
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 05, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:06 am 
 

Clyde sells his un-numbered unsigned matted prints for $60 (see his website)... although his OOP signed numbered ones will go for more.. not too bad if you want an inexpensive something to hang on the wall...

Brette:)


Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6078
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 03, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 am 
 

I remember buying the "dragons" 4 pack for about $25 on Ebay - it had a Caldwell piece in it.  I think if you popped it up on Ebay you would need to point it out on the appropriate forums to get more than your money back.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2655
Joined: Sep 25, 2007
Last Visit: Oct 05, 2020
Location: Southwest

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:13 am 
 

TheMilford wrote:
How good? :)

I like Clyde... but not that much... think of hanging onto it for a while until I decide what to do with it...

Also available is:
""Secrets of the Sorceress" signed by artist Tom Kidd measures 18" x 24" no matting or anything."

I don't know Tom Kidd... but it's look pretty gawdy "2nd Ed."


yeah, I was thinking of Clyde's website as well as what I remember seeing his prints go for on Ebay.  $25 seems pretty reasonable to me, but what do I know? :)

Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't think it has any investment potential like virtually all prints. But if you like his art, I'd say it's worth the money.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 720
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2017
Location: Brooklyn

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:19 am 
 

Thanks guys...

I think it's $25 for both prints actually.


“Remember that generosity can be contagious…”  - Dave Sutherland III

eBay ID: themilford
Hidden Ebay ID: t***o

 WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1