Perilous Lands - What's In The Box?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm 

Okay. No Box. Or at least if there was meant to be one, I don't have it.
What I have is three books. One called Perilous Lands The Culture Book (Black & White), one called Perilous Lands The Site Book (Black & White), , and one called Perilous Lands The Map Book (Colour). This is Avalon Hill, and not really designed for D&D, so I don't know much about it. I can only think I picked it up thinking it might make good background info. The question is, do I have a complete product? Was there a box? Am I missing anything?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:57 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Okay. No Box. Or at least if there was meant to be one, I don't have it.
What I have is three books. One called Perilous Lands The Culture Book (Black & White), one called Perilous Lands The Site Book (Black & White), , and one called Perilous Lands The Map Book (Colour). This is Avalon Hill, and not really designed for D&D, so I don't know much about it. I can only think I picked it up thinking it might make good background info. The question is, do I have a complete product? Was there a box? Am I missing anything?

According to Heroic Worlds just the three books and the box

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:00 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Okay. No Box. Or at least if there was meant to be one, I don't have it.

Yes it is complete. There is a cult following of this game as I am a semi-cultist. You can check out the website http://powersandperils.org
This setting can easily be used for D&D IMHO.
John

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:36 pm 

So there's meant to be a box? I don't have it.
No handouts? Character sheets? Poster maps or anything?
Looks like it might make a reasonable campaign setting.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:50 pm 

Yes it should have a box. I don't remember any handouts. The only other things in the box I recall was a ad for Heroes mag and a AH catalog. If I can find which box my P&P collection is in I will check out and post a follow-up here.
John

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:28 pm 

No Wories.
Just gonna put them on eBay anyways.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:29 pm 

I can concur with John, just the three books and the usual AH brochure. There is a scan of the box on the Acaeum Wiki:

http://wiki.acaeum.com/wiki/Perilous_Lands

I love Powers and Perils - it is so ludicrously complicated. You can spend hours just rolling up a character!  :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:50 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I can concur with John, just the three books and the usual AH brochure. I love Powers and Perils - it is so ludicrously complicated. You can spend hours just rolling up a character!  :)

I did too. I tried about three times before I could get it done completely. This was just a fighter mind you. A wizard you can forget with MEL + this and that devide by whatever and add something else. I think I am going insane already:)
John

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:48 pm 

zanarchist wrote:I did too. I tried about three times before I could get it done completely. This was just a fighter mind you. A wizard you can forget with MEL + this and that devide by whatever and add something else. I think I am going insane already:)

One of the issues of AH's Heroes magazine contained the code for a program to generate the characters for you.  As I recall it was pages upon pages of BASIC. :D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:27 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I can concur with John, just the three books and the usual AH brochure.

Yes that's right. I opened my SW copy some months ago and there is only the 3 books and a AH brochure.
The interesting thing is that the box is very huge in comparison to other P&P box sets and contains no more books.

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.