Legacy Of The Green Regent
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:54 am 

Mars wrote:Crap that's more than I though there was.

Do you have a list of The Xen'Drik Expeditions Campaign or Eberron or Living Greyhawk ones?

There are litteraly hundreds of Living Greyhawk modules. It was structured as such:

COR 8-03 - These are the core modules produced by the Circle of Eight (also known as the directors of the LG Campaign).

VER 7-06 - This is a regional module (i.e. Verbobonc) produced by the 3 campaign directors in that region.

VEL 5-04 - This is a meta-regional module (i.e. Velvydera trade route (sp?)) which covers 2-3 regions.

The numbering system denotes the year and number of module in that year. Average 6-8 modules per year for every Core and Region (meta-regionals weren't that heavily produced) and you have a bunch of modules.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:40 am 

Mars wrote:I don't actively collect them but I pick them up if I find them at a game store and bought a few cheap auctions.  I have about 30 or so of them.

I agree with the bobbing kitten...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I do not have 30 of anything except for a few common (read: Worthless) football cards and you stated you dont actively collect them?  :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:17 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:
There are litteraly hundreds of Living Greyhawk modules. It was structured as such:

COR 8-03 - These are the core modules produced by the Circle of Eight (also known as the directors of the LG Campaign).

VER 7-06 - This is a regional module (i.e. Verbobonc) produced by the 3 campaign directors in that region.

VEL 5-04 - This is a meta-regional module (i.e. Velvydera trade route (sp?)) which covers 2-3 regions.

The numbering system denotes the year and number of module in that year. Average 6-8 modules per year for every Core and Region (meta-regionals weren't that heavily produced) and you have a bunch of modules.

Are these professionally printed?  And how were/are they made available?
Does every Living campaign eventually publish the adventures?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:11 pm 

For the Living Campaign, I believe each region produced their own modules.  I think someone at the RPGA did "approve" them and they were available for download from the RPGA for free I believe.   However, after a certain amount of time, they were retired and no longer available for download.  The regional Living Greyhawk modules were not professionally printed.

If you are looking for them now, your best bet is to look at the peer-to-peer file sharing places.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:19 pm 

Mars is correct.

Each region produced their own modules. In the case of the LG Campaign, the Circle of Eight reviewed each region's modules, then approved them for print by the local region.

The modules were availabe for download for RPGA members to order for game days or conventions, and were retired after a year or two from release date.

To my knowledge, no living campaign module has been professionally published... ever... (If by publishing you mean putting it in a slick/nice/glossy module format with a module number... i.e. R1, R2, etc.)

And from my experience in the RPGA, that dates back to when I was first playing the Living City campaign in 1988 (it actually started in 1986).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:55 pm 

There were a few non-regional published RPGA Living Greyhawk modules

Here is a link to an example:

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4613

Cheers,
Curt

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:04 pm 

Ah nice catch...

... this must be something newer to the LG campaign. I don't recall them selling the modules through the RPGA like they've done in the past.

And if there's that one, I have a feeling that there are a few more around (2007 or afterwards...)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:52 am 

Mars wrote:Do you have a list of The Xen'Drik Expeditions Campaign or Eberron or Living Greyhawk ones?

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I recently finished compiling lists of these over on ENWorld:
Eberron
Greyhawk

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:08 pm 

The list is appreciated but it would be helpful to know which were simply PDF releases or printed/photocopied items and which were more professional releases.

Do you think you have all the Living Greyhawk ones listed or are you still missing a few areas?

Also, if you are including Blackmoor as part of Greyhawk then you probably have a bunch more to add.  The 3e and 4e Blackmoor items and then their own version of Living Blackmoor mods :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:21 pm 

Grug Greyskin wrote:

Here's an H1 for a $19 BIN!   :wink:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

<laughing>

Yeah, and there's a good chance it even comes with a highly unusual (possibly wood-grainy) box, with counters attached.

Gildor speaks to Frodo: 'Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.'--Tolkien 

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:14 pm 

Mars wrote:The list is appreciated but it would be helpful to know which were simply PDF releases or printed/photocopied items and which were more professional releases.

The only ones I'm sure were released professionally are the four Introductory (INT) modules. It's possible some of the other CORE scenarios were also properly printed, but certainly the individual regional scenarios were not.

Do you think you have all the Living Greyhawk ones listed or are you still missing a few areas?

My research didn't turn up any titles for the Lordship of the Isles or Sea Barons regions, but I can't tell if that was because none were ever written, or I just wasn't looking hard enough. Sadly, these scenarios seem to be pretty poorly document in general. It is quite likely that I'm missing a few scenarios from the other regions too, but I'm confident that the list is at least 95% complete.

Also, if you are including Blackmoor as part of Greyhawk then you probably have a bunch more to add.  The 3e and 4e Blackmoor items and then their own version of Living Blackmoor mods :)

Yeah, I haven't forgotten about those. I've listed the later Blackmoor titles in a separate guide, including the sixty odd "MMRPG" episodes that were produced. That guide is basically done and will be the next one posted to ENWorld, probably early next week.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:33 am 

First of all... Thanks! This has been on my wish list for years..
I half thought about tracking these down, but the shere number.. wow..

Anway sure there are more, tracked down a folder I had some in..
"Dies Irae" is one that doesn't seem to be on the list.. a searchs turns up this and some more..

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au

it would be interestng to see if we could track all(?) of these down..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:09 am 

Echohawk wrote:Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I recently finished compiling lists of these over on ENWorld:
Eberron
Greyhawk

In the Castle Zagyg section, there were also a few items released as PDF only.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:57 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:Anway sure there are more, tracked down a folder I had some in..
"Dies Irae" is one that doesn't seem to be on the list.. a searchs turns up this and some more..

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au

it would be interestng to see if we could track all(?) of these down.

I'm absolutely sure that there are still some titles missing from that list, as long as it is already. However, I'm not sure "Dies Irae" is one of those -- I can't access the link you posted (Google seems to think my machine is making "automated requests" when I do), but some additional Googling seems to indicate that "Dies Irae" and "Mine in Mine" were adventures developed for Living Greyhawk players at a South African convention in 2001/2002 but which were not technically part of the Living Greyhawk Campaign. Does that conflict with the information you found in Google's cache?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:57 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:In the Castle Zagyg section, there were also a few items released as PDF only.

Oooh -- what were they? I'd like to add them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:27 pm 

Echohawk wrote:I'm absolutely sure that there are still some titles missing from that list, as long as it is already. However, I'm not sure "Dies Irae" is one of those -- I can't access the link you posted (Google seems to think my machine is making "automated requests" when I do), but some additional Googling seems to indicate that "Dies Irae" and "Mine in Mine" were adventures developed for Living Greyhawk players at a South African convention in 2001/2002 but which were not technically part of the Living Greyhawk Campaign. Does that conflict with the information you found in Google's cache?

Yes that seems right, I think they were still sanctioned? unsure..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:11 pm 

Echohawk wrote:Oooh -- what were they? I'd like to add them.

I have them noted thus:

CZPDF1: Class Options & Skills For Yggsburgh
CZPDF2: Yggsburgh Player's Maps
CZPDF3: Outs Inn
CZPDF4: East Corner (CZ13)

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 am 

TheHistorian wrote:I have them noted thus:

CZPDF1: Class Options & Skills For Yggsburgh
CZPDF2: Yggsburgh Player's Maps
CZPDF3: Outs Inn
CZPDF4: East Corner (CZ13)

Awesome, thanks. I've added those to my list. Do you happen to know when those were released?

PreviousNext